[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] REMINDER: Eco Design Course - Part 4: Natural Materials and Construction this Saturday 10 am to 4 pm

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Wed Jun 24 14:33:31 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Leif Skogberg <leifskogberg at gmail.com>
> Date: June 24, 2009 2:26:49 PM PDT
> Subject: [transition-sb] REMINDER: Eco Design Course - Part 4:
> Natural Materials and  Construction this Saturday 10 am to 4 pm
>

> FRIENDLY REMINDER...
>

> Spring 2009
> Hand-on Ecological Design Course in Downtown Santa Barbara
>
> with Leif H. Skogberg and local guest speakers
> Donations Only  (suggested donation is $25, but not required)
>
> Please bring a lunch for yourself, and/or a potluck dish to share,
> if possible.
>

> Part 4 - Natural Material & Construction
>
> Saturday June 27
> 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
> 1611 Olive Street
>
> Discover your innate building skills working with natural material
> and age-old technologies, used in modern applications. Learn how to
> create healthy indoor environments using all natural non-toxic
> material like wood, clay, sand and straw. This course will focus on
> simple techniques for using natural material like cob, straw bale
> and light-clay straw to retrofit existing structures to be more
> energy efficient, have improved indoor air quality and enhanced
> aesthetics.  Please be prepared to get muddy!  :)
>

> Please RSVP.  Thank you!
>

> For more information or registration, email: LeifSkogberg at gmail.com,
> or call (805) 886-6251
>

> Instructor Bio:
>
> Leif H. Skogberg
>
> Ecological educator & designer, Leif H. Skogberg has been practicing
> organic gardening, composting, natural building, permaculture and
> ecological design for nearly a decade. Certified in Permaculture
> Design, Green Gardening & Sustainable Landscape Operations, Leif has
> degrees in Environmental Horticulture Science and Liberal Arts from
> Santa Barbara City College.
>
> As a student, Leif Co-founded & Chaired the SBCC Student
> Sustainability Coalition, during which time he led several
> successful student led efforts to promote and institutionalize
> sustainability at SBCC, including; a campus sustainability
> assessments; a campus ecological footprint analysis; an eight week
> Adult Education lecture series entitled "Creating a Sustainable
> Future: Ecology, Ethics & Design"; green purchasing practices;
> expanded campus recycling programs; and more.  Leif also assisted
> with the creation of the class "Projects in Sustainability" as well
> as the SBCC Center for Sustainability.
>
> During this time as a student and activist, he led several dozen
> natural building workshops during the process of design building a
> small “mud meditation hut” out of all natural and recycled material
> near downtown Santa Barbara.  Leif has consulted on several natural
> building projects in Santa Barbara and California, as well as one in
> New Mexico. Leif currently works full-time for the City of Santa
> Barbara as a Recycling Educator while providing independent
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.