[Scpg] Looking for volunteers for Lakota rez pjt

Cory Brennan cory8570 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 3 08:24:32 PDT 2009

We are holding a permaculture design course at Pine Ridge Lakota reservation in mid-Sept 2009 and we'd like to build some infrastructure to support the course. What is needed is:

outdoor compost showers or simple solar showers
kitchen facilities (shelter for this, rudimentary plumbing)
compost toilets
classroom

The preferred mode would be straw bale as this is readily available but would consider other methods.

The buildings can be fairly primitive and finished off later, if needed.  What we need is functional...

We're looking at doing this in early Aug or early Sept, before the course starts - whenever we can coordinate the people out there.

We're looking for people who have skill at straw bale building who may want a work exchange for the course, or just for the experience - there are many cool projects ongoing on the rez and you will learn some things and have a wonderful experience :-) More info about the course at:

meetup.com/thepermacultureguild

Please forward this to anyone who might be interested, also to those who may be interested in doing a PDC on a historic Lakota reservation, and contributing to getting this rez off the grid and fully sovereign.

Cory