[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] HOME is playing in Paso ONLY tonight / Cafe Vio 7pm

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Thu Jul 9 14:44:45 PDT 2009

I typically allow the ads and trailer sell the notion of attending any
of the films I screen but I wish to say some things about this film
called HOME.

This film is a gift to the world and it is a fascinating treasure of
evolutionary thought, environmentalism, stunning beauty, heartfelt
citizenry and the need for action. Its much better than PLANET EARTH
because it speaks the truth (specifically about the decline of cheap
oil and climate change), rather than showing us just the beauty from
flying above the planet in its awesomeness. Early on in the film it
reveals the absolute preciousness of life on this planet, the
precision of forces that came together to create water let alone life,
to create us humans (only 20,000 years ago compared to a planet that
is nearly 4 billion years old). Reminds me of Thomas Berry and Brian
Swimme's comment: "Four billion years ago, the earth was molten rock
and now it sings opera." As the cameras fly above the planet showing
replicas of the beginning of time we slowly move to humans, to hunting
and gathering and then to agriculture.. and then to what man has been
doing to ravage the planet and to remind us of the necessities of
life, to remind us how precarious this system that has created life
is.... and how we need to do things in order to recreate this balance
if we are to survive ands thrive. A most beautiful film, especially
when its bigger than your computer screen.. and the soundtrack is
awesome...

and to discuss this with other humans is also precious!!

bob

http://www.hopedance.org/cms/component/option,com_events/task,view_detail/agid,450/year,2009/month,07/day,09/Itemid,77/catids,47
|48|49/

See the trailer at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8IozVfph7I

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.