[Scpg] Great house with edible gardens for rent in Winchester Canyon

Kendy Radasky kendyrad at verizon.net
Tue Jul 14 13:54:38 PDT 2009

Hi there folks,

Kendy here, instructor of the permaculture class at Santa Barbara City
College.  My husband, Matt, just got a last minute teaching position
at a university in Minnesota, and we're moving!  It's all happening
quickly, and we need to rent out our house in Goleta (Winchester
Canyon) beginning the first week of August.  We posted it on Craig's
list the other day, and have had some good responses, but I want to
get it out more broadly to the permaculture community, since I have a
LOT of edibles growing in the gardens and would love to find someone
who will appreciate and care for the gardens.  We have posted the
listing with a ton of pics and info on Matt's webpage (link below), so
if you're interested or know someone who might be, please get in touch
in the next few days -- kendyrad at verizon.net.

We're offering the house for $2900/mo, including a green-gardener to
mow/trim the non-edibles twice a month.

Here's a list of the edibles:
perennials: walnut, orange, lemon, nectarine, strawberry guava,
pineapple guava, passionfruit, loquot, pomagranate, fuji apple,
boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, artichoke,
thyme, rosemary, sage, marjoram, oregano, mint, lemon balm, lavender

annuals: basil, tomato, onion, scallion, leek, chives, parsley, dill,
green bean, lettuce, chard, kale, eggplant, pumpkin, spaghetti squash,
cucumber

The site is www.bodysensate.com, and then click on "events".

Thanks for helping to spread the word!
-Kendy