[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] EARTH CINEMA CIRCLES (films this edition) FYI

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Thu Jul 16 18:34:51 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Earth Cinema Circle,  A Gaiam Company" <EarthCinemaCircle at cinemacircle.rsys1.com
> >
> Date: July 16, 2009 4:36:41 PM PDT
> To: info at hopedance.org
> Subject: What manufacturing can learn from Mother Nature
> >

> "How do we love all the children of all species for all time?"
> William McDonough. Creating cradle-to-cradle cycles for products.
> View in web browser.
>

> IN THIS ISSUE
> Welcome Message
> Films Preview
> Eco-Tips
> Announcements
> Related Links
> Contact Us
>
> Dear Friend,
>
> “Could you design a system of production that measures productivity
> by how few people are working? Measures prosperity by how much of
> your natural capital you can cut down, dig up, bury, burn, and
> otherwise destroy?” — William McDonough, author of Cradle to Cradle.
>
> The films in Volume 4 highlight different ways of appreciating
> nature's wisdom. In our feature documentary, we visit architect/
> designer William McDonough and chemist Michael Braungart, who have
> revolutionized manufacturing using the circle of life in nature as
> their model. They asked: If nature uses waste to create food, how
> can we create value from what we currently discard? As a result,
> their cradle-to-cradle philosophy has been integrated into the
> manufacturing of everything from Nike shoes to Ford cars.
>
> Individually, we may not have the answers to today's environmental
> challenges, but together we can work toward solutions only possible
> through collaboration.
>

> Green wishes from,
>
> The Earth Cinema Circle Team
>

>  Feature Presentation
> Waste = Food: Meet the innovative partnership — William McDonough,
> an American architect/designer, and Michael Braungart, a German
> ecological chemist — behind the revolutionary concept of “cradle-to-
> cradle” versus “cradle-to-grave” manufacturing. And witness this
> ecologically inspired industrial revolution in action from a textile
> plant using biodegradable waste to mulch strawberries to whole
> cities being built in rural China.
>
> Also Playing...
> Fighting Goliath: What does it take to stop a giant power company
> from building coal-fired power plants, a plan fast-tracked by the
> governor? Follow unlikely partners — mayors, ranchers, CEOs,
> community groups, legislators, lawyers, faith groups and citizens —
> as they fight a high-stakes battle for clean air. Narrated by Robert
> Redford.
>
> Varmints: In the face of overwhelming industrialization and
> environmental recklessness, a small creature struggles to preserve a
> remnant of the peace he once knew. His selfless acts of love plant
> the seeds of change that will ultimately prove the world's salvation.
>
> The Trap: Discover the unlikely connection between Cape Breton
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edible SLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.