[Scpg] Ojai film -Saturday: "Mad City Chickens" Saturday, July 25th at 4:30pm

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jul 21 10:25:33 PDT 2009

Local premiere of the film

"Mad City Chickens"

Do you have a secret desire to begin raising chickens in your own backyard?

Saturday, July 25th at 4:30pm

Ojai Theater

(our local movie theatre)

After the film we'll be having a chat with Garm Beall, founder of
Backyard Chickens Afterwards we will all migrate to Village Jester
pub next door for Q & A.

A wacky and wonderful documentary about one Wisconsin city's "chicken
underground" fighting city hall to make their poultry passion legal.
 This is a film you don't want to miss, even if you don't eat eggs or
have a hankering for feathered friends.  You will laugh out loud and
even Sci-Fi and Twilight Zone fans will appreciate the style of the
film.

One thing's for sure, if you've been on the fence about getting
chickens, you'll be convinced to join the growing ranks of home
farmers who are committed to a more sustainable food system and to
make happy hens a part of your life.

This is a fundraiser ($10) for the Food & Agriculture Committee of
the Ojai Valley Green Coalition, so that we can plant more vegetable
gardens for folks and conduct more culinary events.  So please
broadcast this to others (Ojai and beyond) who love food and need a
good laugh!