[Scpg] Farm Therapy an extra source of income for local farmers?

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 08:41:00 PDT 2009

Some of our local farms may be interested in adding Farm Therapy to their
other income streams like farm stays and weddings/events.

Farming for Health, a group in the Netherlands, only has a few U.S. members
 so far and is interested in expanding their reach to include Americans who
are  interested in what they call "Care Farming." (farm ecotherapy)  There
is an  essay in our book (Ecotherapy: Healing with Nature in Mind) by
Shepherd Bliss,  who is doing farm therapy (he calls it "agrotherapy") with
returning Iraq vets  and others suffering from trauma.  There is now good research
showing that  farm therapy is an effective treatment method.

_www.farmingforhealth.org_ (http://www.farmingforhealth.org/)

Linda

**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.