[Scpg] Fresh the Movie + "Save Goleta Farmland" Discussion / TONITE at 6pm @ GVCC

Shelly Cobb cobb.shelly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:57:48 PDT 2009

YOU ARE INVITED!

Please come to a film screening of *FRESH* the movie, on Tuesday, July 28.
Hope Dance film announcement below. This is a positive, uplifting film about
that is both informative and entertaining!

Before the film, we will have a FRESH food reception with fresh local food
samples, products and information provided by IV Co-op, Fairview Gardens,
Avalon Farms, Shepherd Farms, Jessica Foster Confections, Cadena's Fresh
Fish and many others.

Please forward this invitation to friends and family members who are
passionate about local food and saving our local farmland!

*FRESH *was selected as our June film for several reasons:

   - to invite the community into a discussion about the importance of
our *LOCAL
   FARMS*
   - to raise community awareness about the push to rezone Eastern Goleta
   farmland for housing
   - to encourage the community's involvement in the Goleta Valley Planning
   Advisory Committee
(GVPAC)<http://longrange.sbcountyplanning.org/planareas/goleta/gvpac.php>
   - to better understand how we can support our local farmers

To this end, all *LOCAL FARMERS* are invited to lead/join in the discussion
after the film!

Also invited to lead and/or join the discussion are* *the* **Santa Barbara
Food Not Lawns*, *Santa Barbara Food Future*, *Santa Barbara Transition Town
*, *The Orfalea** Foundation*, *Santa Barbara Permaculture Group*, and *Santa
Barbara Organic Gardening Club*, as well as activists, chefs, and
policy-makers who are interested in creating a healthy, tasty
sustainable future
for Santa Barbarans.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Warm regards,
Shelly Cobb

--------------------

*HopeDance FiLMs*
presents
Fresh the Movie
*  with foodie goodies, literature, conversation *
*        and more...*

New thinking about what we’re eating
Celebrating our local food system...
Discovering the roots of taste & flavor & nutrition in our FOOD!

*Tuesday, July 28
6pm - Fresh Food Reception
7pm - Film
*
*$5 - $10 Suggested Donation*
Goleta Valley Community Center <http://www.thegvcc.org/home.html> (5679
Hollister Ave)

*FRESH* celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America
who are re-inventing our food system. Among several main characters,
FRESHfeatures urban farmer and activist,
*Will Allen*, the recipient of MacArthur’s 2008 Genius Award; sustainable
farmer and entrepreneur, *Joel Salatin*, made famous by *Michael Pollan*’s
book, the Omnivore’s Dilemma; and supermarket owner, *David Ball*,
challenging our Wal-Mart dominated economy.

*From their website:*
*FRESH* is a call to action; it means to inspire its viewers to positive
change, not scare them into a terrified complacency.  We will bring together
farmers, activists, chefs, and policy-makers, all working to create a more
healthy, tasty, and sustainable future.  Please join us, not just as part of
an audience, but as part of a movement to better our food system, and to
bring about a new vision, a new paradigm, a new reality, one that works for
everyone.
To watch the trailer, go to: http://www.freshthemovie.com/

Cosponsored by Isla Vista Food Coop, Fairview Gardens, Avalon Farms,
Shepherd Farms, Cadena's Fresh Fish, jessica foster confections, edible
Santa Barbara Magazine, Santa Barbara Slow Food, Edible Gardens, County
Landscape and Design (Owen Dell), Transition Town Santa Barbara, Oasis
Design, Island Seed & Feed, Santa Barbara Soap Company, Refugio Gardens,
Eire Heart Herbs, and more....
      __________________
 Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

*HopeDance*
*Radical Solutions Inspiring Hope  •  2975 Vineyard Dr.  •  Templeton, CA
93465  •   805.369-0203*
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA:
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance

*
*
FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org/ 805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL:
http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

*Disclaimer:*
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.