[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] Reminder! Mad City Chickens - Tues, Aug 25, 7pm @ SB Central Library

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Sun Aug 23 13:12:50 PDT 2009

sorry for any dduupplliiccaattiioonnaass!

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shelly Cobb <cobb.shelly at gmail.com>
>
> HopeDance FiLMs presents....
>
> Mad City Chickens
>
> Tuesday, August 25, 7pm
> Santa Barbara Public Library / Faulkner Gallery on Anapamu Street in
> Santa Barbara
> Suggested donation: $7
>
> With special guest Christine Heinrichs, author of "How to Raise
> Chickens“ and “How to Raise Poultry“ (and she is featured in the
> film!) ... plus Katherine Anderson, local chicken expert from Blue
> Oak Ranch, and other local chicken folks!
>
> Mad City Chickens is a sometimes wacky,
> sometimes serious look at the people who keep urban
> chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and
> authors to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced
> family that decides to take the poultry plunge—and
> even a mad scientist and giant hen taking to the
> streets—it’s a humorous and heartfelt trip through the
> world of backyard chickendom.
>
> HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
> ~ Mother Earth News Editor-in-Chief, Cheryl Long
> ~ Leading bird flu expert, Dr. Michael Greger
> ~ Rare behind-the-scenes at Murray McMurray Hatchery
> ~ Backyard Poultry editor, Elaine Belanger
> ~ Society for the Preservation of Poultry Antiquities, Christine
> Heinrichs (coming to the Santa Barbara screening!)
>
> ~ Stunning results from nutritional study on pastured eggs
> ~ Follow an urban family for an entire year as they take the poultry
> plunge
> ~ A factory farm hen that refused to die even after being gassed and
> dumped at a landfill
>
> PLUS… coops, birds, eggs, art, images from the Seattle Tilth group,
> founding members of the Mad City Chickens
> group, a California musical hen, a Texas life-saving flock… and yes…
> even a mad professor and a giant chicken find
> their way into the mix.
>
> “I never thought I would sit here mesmerized, openmouthed over a
> chicken movie,” declared one audience member at the end of the
> evening. Neither did I.
> - Kristian Knutsen, Isthmus Daily Page
>
> “I think Mad City Chickens will be THE major film that will help
> move chickens back to the city. Not only because people want a
> closer connection to the food they eat, but because chickens are
> fun, sweet and to hang out with chickens is much more fun than
> watching TV.”
> - Bob Banner, publisher of edibleSLO
>
> To watch the trailer go to: http://tinyurl.com/kplx9q
> To take a peek at Christine Heinrich's Chicken Coop Live Cam, go to: http://www.hencam.com/

Details, trailer and flyer at:
http://www.hopedance.org/events/films/mad-city-chickens-in-santa-barbara/3

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.