[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] SUSTAINABLE CUBA: Special Research and Humanitarian Delegations, December 27 - January 5

bob banner bob.banner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 10:47:31 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Pamela Montanaro <pamela at barglow.com>
> Date: August 26, 2009 10:33:33 AM PDT
> To: Pamela Montanaro <pamela at barglow.com>
> Subject: SUSTAINABLE CUBA: Special Research and Humanitarian
> Delegations, December 27 - January 5
>
> Global Exchange Reality Tours and Eco Cuba Exchange invite you to
> join us on remarkable holiday adventure!
>
> Sustainable CUBA: How Cuba Meets its Food, Medicine, Shelter and
> Energy Needs While Protecting its Environment
>
> http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/americas/cuba/sustainablecubatours.html
>

> FIVE individual research and humanitarian delegations will explore
> the following themes:
>
> 	Environmental Protection &  Sustainable Development
> 	http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/1043.html
>
> 	Natural, Complementary & Preventive Health Care
> 	 http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/1010.html
>
> 	Public Education: From Pre-School to a PhD
>  	http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/990.html
>
> 	Sustainable Architecture and Urban Development
> 	http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/992.html
>
> 	Humanitarian & Community Development
> 	http://www.globalexchange.org/tours/1063.html
> And -- we will celebrate the New Year in Havana!
>
> Participants will be traveling legally under either a professional
> or humanitarian license and will be given a list of needed
> humanitarian items to be distributed in Cuba.
>
> Each day we will travel in five separate groups, each focused on a
> different research theme, to meet with Cuban experts in those
> fields, in their workplaces and homes. Participants will have the
> opportunity to contribute to humanitarian projects, as well as to
> meet with their Cuban colleagues for a full week of in-depth
> research in their professional fields. Evenings will include small
> group meetings according to interest and activities in Cuba’s
> vibrant cultural scene!
>

> FOR MORE INFORMATION:
>
> http://www.globalexchange.org/countries/americas/cuba/sustainablecubatours.html
>
> Click on the tour you are interested in for a summary, highlights
> and supplemental reading material.
>
> Application materials are available online, along with staff contact
> information.
>
> Or contact directly:
>
> Leslie:  415-255-7296, ext. 242 or 1-800-497-1994	(leslie at globalexchange.org
> )
>
> Pam: 510-649-1052  (pamela at barglow.com)
>

> TOUR DATES AND PRICES:
>
> December 27, 2009 - January 5, 2010
>
> $2550 from Cancun which includes: Cuban visa, round trip airfare
> Cancun/Havana/Cancun, double room accommodations, two meals per day,
> transportation, full daily program with knowledgeable guides and
> translators, and New Year's Eve celebration.
>

> GLOBAL EXCHANGE REALITY TOURS has organized research and
> humanitarian delegations to Cuba for over twenty years! Founded on
> the practice of socially responsible tourism, Reality Tours connects
> people to issues, movements and social change in over thirty
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.