[Scpg] Builders Without Borders builds a demonstration strawbale ecohouse on the terrace of the US Botanic Gardens, across from the Capitol Building in Washington DC. 2008/9

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Aug 27 21:29:36 PDT 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRMAzW0M6g

Dear natural and sustainable building Enthusiasts --

We are delighted to announce that we have created a short video of
the Builders Without Borders Strawbale Ecohouse project in Washington
D.C., which you can view on
YouTube!
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRMAzW0M6g>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQRMAzW0M6g

FYI, last summer BWB built a demonstration of "America's Traditions
of Green Building" including a load-bearing strawbale building, with
earthen and lime plasters, plus a bamboo shade structure and adobe
and cob arch for an exhibition at the U.S. Botanic Garden on the
National Mall.
Our display stayed up for 10 months, then was transported to a new
home in Maryland.  (You can see the Ecohouse where it lives today at
Sam and Kappy's house
at:
<http://www.breathworkstudio.blogspot.com/>http://www.breathworkstudio.blogspot.com/)

Thanks to a talented summer intern with video editing skills, we were
able to create this 10 minute video from over 18 hours of
footage.  We wanted to keep it short so it could go on YouTube.  We
hope you find it watchable and entertaining.

Sincerely,
Catherine Wanek & Derek Roff
Co-directors
Builders Without Borders
<mail at builderswithoutborders.org>
<http://www.builderswithoutborders.org/>www.builderswithoutborders.org
575-895-5400

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
    an educational non-profit since 2000
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous

First Annual Southern California Permaculture Convergence August 2008
http://socalifornia.permacultureconvergence.org