[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] Fwd: [Age-of-Stupid] another update / 10:10

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Thu Aug 27 23:41:54 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Franny Armstrong <franny at spannerfilms.net>
> Date: August 27, 2009 9:55:20 PM PDT
> To: age-of-stupid at aos.dh.bytemark.co.uk
> Subject: [Age-of-Stupid] Meet you at Tate Modern this Tuesday
>
> Morning All,
>
> The last 100 or so Stupid screenings have been enormously
> frustrating as I've been forced to answer the inevitable "But what
> can we do?" question with the most unsatisfying generalities. Oh how
> it hurts, seeing the disappointment on all those faces, whilst
> knowing we have the killer - or perhaps opposite of killer - answer
> up our sleeves.
>
> We were going to launch in July, as I think I may have mentioned,
> but then Michael Jackson's headline-hogging put a stop to that.
> Really. That Conrad Murray has a lot to answer for.
>
> But those days are at last over.
>
> Well, will be very very shortly.
>
> As we hereby invite everyone and everyone's friends to come to Tate
> Modern this Tuesday 1st September between 4 and 7pm.
>
> Where we will be launching 10:10
>
> Alongside Spurs FC, Alistair McGowan, the Coop, the Science Museum,
> 10 hospitals, 10 schools, 10 universities, 10 local councils, Antony
> Gormley, Sara Cox, Logica, Ken Livingstone, ActionAid, Shami
> Chakrabati, the Bishop of London, Honeybuns Bakery, lots more celebs
> and 60 other organisations.
>
> And explaining what on Earth it is.
>
> And why we bought a plane.
>
> And how you can help.
>
> And why Leo has had nightmares every night for six weeks.
>
> And how we hope to influence Copenhagen.
>
> And which very well known climate thinker said it's "the idea we've
> been waiting twenty years for".
>

> In case that's just not quite interesting enough to drag you down to
> the South Bank, there's also going to be music from a cracking band,
> speeches from not the usual suspects, a megawega photo for you to
> star in (forgot its name - the one from Obama's inauguration where
> you can see everyone's zits from a mile off), Sara Cox MCing, and
> the stars from a West End show doing their stuff.
>
> Top PR dudes Freud Communications have very kindly volunteered
> themselves to run the press campaign and have been busy making the
> schedule from hell for our spokespeople. So you're going to have to
> hide under your duvet on Tuesday morning if you want to avoid puns
> on the word "ten". Don't think we'll get on Newsnight, though, as
> they did a massive chunk on Stupid last night. Speaking of which, Ms
> Organised Media Assistant Lauren has put all the Stupid news
> appearances up on our vimeo channel here. Some of the local-gal-done-
> good ones about Lizzie in New Zealand are well worth a look, if only
> to see her presenting her local news whilst still in nappies.
>
> 10:10 Volunteers Needed
> - Physical human beings needed Sat 29th, Sun 30th, Mon 31st and Tues
> 1st for flyering, setting up, organising crowds for the photo and
> all sorts of fun stuff. Email alex at 1010uk.org
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.