[Scpg] are bougainvillea petals edible?

Owen Dell owen at owendell.com
Wed Sep 9 11:45:56 PDT 2009

This is from a friend of mine who lives in Thailand part of each year
and is married to a Thai woman:

B. says she has never eaten them herself and never heard of anyone
eating them. Me neither but who knows? Odd, because they grow
everywhere in Thailand and the Thais eat most everything else. I doubt
they're toxic but can't imagine they'd be particularly nutritious.

On Sep 9, 2009, at 11:08 AM, LBUZZELL at aol.com wrote:

> Yesterday a Thai couple visited our garden and remarked that in
> Thailand bougainvillea petals are used in stir fries.  Is this
> accurate? And could this be another source of locally abundant food
> we're not using because we didn't know it was edible?
>
> Linda

Owen E. Dell
Landscape Architect • Educator • Author
P.O. Box 30433 • Santa Barbara, CA 93130
805 962-3253
owen at owendell.com
www.owendell.com

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I've made an odd discovery. Every time I talk to a savant I feel quite
sure that happiness is no longer a possibility. Yet when I talk with
my gardener, I'm convinced of the opposite."

	Bertrand Russell, philosopher,mathematician, and author
     	(1872-1970)