[Scpg] [sbperm] Re: are bougainvillea petals (bracts) edible?

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 11:56:51 PDT 2009

Thanks, Owen.  I also found this article, which seems to indicate that  the
bracts have been used to color drinks.
_http://www.stgmagazine.com.au/pdf/SP_Edible_Flowers.pdf_
(http://www.stgmagazine.com.au/pdf/SP_Edible_Flowers.pdf)    But I'd like to know a lot more before daring to try.

And I found another article that seemed to indicate the bracts (not petals)
 could be included in Thai spring rolls.  Incidently, we found a fabulous
new Thai restaurant called Thai Talay in Pismo Beach -- not cheap, but the
real  deal. Maybe I'll contact them.

Anyone have any other info?

Linda

In a message dated 9/9/2009 11:46:09 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,