[Scpg] Berkeley Sustainability Institute of Common Circle Education - Opening November 1st

Vladislav Davidzon vladislav.davidzon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:08:34 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am deeply honored to announce the grand opening of a new
permaculture and holistic living school in downtown Berkeley on
November 1st.

The Berkeley Sustainability Institute will be the bio-regional campus
of Common Circle Education (commoncircle.com), a permaculture and
sustainable living school, offering a range of ecological design and
holistic living workshops as well as yoga and free meditation classes.
 Quite simply, our job is to grow healthy communities.

The Institute will offer a weekly schedule of social and ecological
permaculture forums, sustainability talks, compassionate communication
(NVC) workshops, permaculture design courses, all in addition to yoga
and meditation.   We will be located at the prestigious 2130 Center
Street building in downtown Berkeley.

In November, we will be launching our new program The Art of Creating
Community, based upon the non-violent communication work by Marshall
Rosenberg and the Heart of Now program originating at Lost Valley
Educational Center in Oregon.    In early next year we will begin our
weekend permaculture design courses as well as two-week intensive
(sub)urban permaculture design courses.   In addition, we will shortly
begin offering Transition Town trainings, guiding our communities
towards an oil-independent future.

For five years, Common Circle Education has been introducing the
concepts of permaculture and sustainable living to mainstream
audiences.  Our programs are rooted in natural principles and
holistically integrated with mindfulness, meditation, and hands-on
service work as core components.

We're currently looking for guest instructors and facilitators;  and
very much welcome any forms of collaboration from similarly-focused
beings and groups - if you are interested in working with us, please
drop me an e-mail.  More announcements will soon follow regarding our
upcoming programs.

Thank you for the work you are doing to heal the planet.

-Vladislav
--
Vladislav Davidzon, CEO
Common Circle Education