[Scpg] one letter of protest to Green Business Program

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 10:53:44 PDT 2009

_coordinator at greenbizsbc.org_ (mailto:coordinator at greenbizsbc.org) ,

I am shocked and dismayed that a McDonald's restaurant would be chosen for
a green business award despite what I am sure are sincere attempts to
reduce  their carbon footprint by the local owners of this McDonald's.
McDonald's  Corporation is responsible for a huge amount of carbon being spewed into
the  atmosphere by the very nature of the industrial farming that is used in
the  highly processed unhealthy food they sell.  McDonald's makes no
attempt to  use organic food, so it is contributing to the massive amounts of
pesticides and  herbicides that are entering the land, rivers and oceans of the
planet, to say  nothing of our bodies and the bodies of other living
creatures.  In my  opinion this award is one of the most egregious cases of
greenwashing I have  ever seen.

Larry Saltzman
Co-Founder Santa Barbara Organic Garden  Club