[Scpg] Can Anyone Help: I have Curly Leaf Disease on my Tangerine Tree

Owen Dell owen at owendell.com
Sun Sep 13 18:22:37 PDT 2009

You may have citrus leafminer, which has been very widespread the past
few years. It's an insect, so fungicides wouldn't be effective against
it. There is a good article on IPM for citrus leafminer at the UC
Davis IPM website: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/
pn74137.html. Have a look at the photo there and see if it looks like
your problem. If it's leafminer you'll see hollowed-out areas inside
of the leaves and they will sometimes be completely emptied of tissue,
leaving only the semi-transparent cutin layer on the top and bottom.

Good luck!
Owen

On Sep 13, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Elizabeth Vaccaro wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>
> I have a very old tangerine tree that has curly leaf. I wish to
> avoid commercial fungicide but I can't seem to get rid of it.  I've
> used a couple of alternative remedies including oils, but no luck 3
> years later.
>
> Can anyone make any recommendations?
>
> Many thanks
> Elizabeth

Owen E. Dell
Landscape Architect • Educator • Author
P.O. Box 30433 • Santa Barbara, CA 93130
805 962-3253
owen at owendell.com
www.owendell.com

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"We are the larvae with the changing skins, the ugly caterpillars of
a society that is slowly, very slowly, wending its way to the triumph
of right over might."

		J. Henri Fabre
		entomologist & author
		1823-1915