[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] [Age-of-Stupid] 5 days to go.... / spread the word!!

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Thu Sep 17 01:01:03 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Franny Armstrong <franny at spannerfilms.net>
> Date: September 15, 2009 5:46:19 PM PDT
> To: age-of-stupid at aos.dh.bytemark.co.uk
> Subject: [Age-of-Stupid] 6 days to go.... Radiohead fans crash
> Stupid server
>
> Hello,
>
> Global Premiere going swimmingly...
>
> 2 Presidents, 1 Ex-President, 1 Pulp Fiction actor, 6 models, loads
> of movie stars and the Chair of the IPCC
> The scramble for a place on the guest list is reaching fever pitch,
> with all sorts of dubious shenanigans going on for one of those
> coveted tickets (though said tickets have just missed their print
> deadline, so here's hoping they make it back from the printers in
> time to avoid a riot).
>
> Money shot
> The sailing boat which will cruise round the Hudson full of movie
> stars supping on champers and waving to the Statue of Liberty before
> gliding tastefully up to the premiere is funnily enough over-
> subscribed. Whereas we were having trouble finding someone to arrive
> in the rowing boat. One brainwave from Lizzie later and we have just
> confirmed the single most perfect person currently alive on the
> planet to arrive at a climate premiere in a rowing boat. 100 quid
> says this is the photo in the news the next day.
>
> Ebay: two tickets to the New York green carpet premiere
> If you're near New York and fancy snuggling up to a President or
> two, you're very welcome to try to buy your way in: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160362777046
>
> 5,000-seater stadium in pacific island of Kiribati
> Eagle-eyed Stupid fans will remember Pelenise Alofa as the "climate
> witness" who spoke so movingly at the Oz/NZ premiere a couple of
> lifetimes ago (oh, it was only three weeks). Now she is the human
> dynamo who has organised the biggest Stupid screening anywhere in
> the world. "We are aiming to have 5,000 people, God willing!  But I
> am optimistic because we are sending the information out to the
> churches, schools, government offices and our advertisement will be
> on air, tv and newspapers starting tomorrow. We will have
> preliminary and closing programme: dramas, songs, speeches (by youth
> going to Copenhagen) and dancers. Thanks for this tool to use for
> campaign and also for the opportunity to serve and save my country."
>
> UK: Watch in London
> We felt bad that most of Team Stupid back in London couldn't watch
> the Global Premiere, so we've booked the Odeon Covent Garden. A few
> tickets are on sale if anybody would care to join them. You'll get
> to see the whole show: green carpet celebs, sailing boat, Kofi
> Annan, Thom Yorke singing, launch of 10:10 Global etc etc.
>
> UK, Australia & NZ: Watch anywhere you want
> Any Brits, Aussies or Kiwis holding their own screening on Global
> Premiere day (Sept 22nd) will be able to get a password to long on
> to a special web stream to watch the live event from New York. Book
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.