[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] Fwd: HopeDance FiLMs presents "The End of the Line: Imagine a World without Fish" - Tues, Sep 22, 7pm @ SB Central Library

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Thu Sep 17 16:14:16 PDT 2009

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Shelly Cobb <cobb.shelly at gmail.com>
> Date: September 17, 2009 2:31:52 PM PDT
> To: Shelly Cobb <cobb.shelly at gmail.com>
> Cc: bob banner <info at hopedance.org>
> Subject: HopeDance FiLMs presents "The End of the Line: Imagine a
> World  without Fish" - Tues, Sep 22, 7pm @ SB Central Library
>
> HopeDance FiLMs presents...
>
> THE END OF THE LINE
> Imagine a World without Fish
>
> Tuesday, September 22, 7pm
> SB Downtown Library
> Suggested donation: $7
> Fresh from its World Premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival,
> THE END OF THE LINE is the first major documentary about the
> imminent peril facing the world’s oceans.
>
> Narrated by Ted Danson and based on the book by Charles Clover, THE
> END OF THE LINE explores the devastating effect that overfishing is
> having on fish stocks and the health of our oceans. Scientists
> predict that if we continue fishing at the current rate, the planet
> will completely run out of fish by 2048.
>
> Endorsed by and with major marketing support from National
> Geographic, Greenpeace, and the Natural Resources Defense Fund
> (NRDC), THE END OF THE LINE is the definitive film of 2009 for those
> who care about the environment, the safety of our food supply, and
> the preservation of endangered species.
>
> More than just a doomsday warning, THE END OF THE LINE offers real,
> practical solutions that are simple and doable, including advocating
> for controlled fishing of engendered species, protecting networks of
> marine reserves off-limits to fishing, and educating consumers that
> they have a choice by purchasing fish from sustainable fisheries.
>
> “The inconvenient truth about the impact of overfishing on the
> world’s oceans.” —  The Economist
>
> WATCH THE TRAILER: http://www.hopedance.org/videos/bobbanner/videos/trailers/final-cinema-trailer-for-the-end-of-the-line
> or at their website, visit www.endoftheline.com
>
> After the film, we will have some local fish experts on hand to lead
> the discussion and answer your questions:
>
> Kim Selkoe is co-director of the Ty Warner Sea Center’s Sustainable
> Seafood Program, an outreach effort to assist chefs, markets and
> citizens in supporting local and sustainable seafood.
>
> Michael Sheehy is Santa Barbara Channelkeeper's Marine Conservation
> Coordinator, his role is to communicate with and educate the public
> on marine conservation efforts and issues as they pertain to the
> Santa Barbara Channel, including engaging the public in the Marine
> Life Protection Act Initiative process in the South Coast region.
>
> Juliana Shulman is a field organizer for GreenCorps, assigned to
> Food and Water Watch. She is launching a campaign called "Fair
> Fish", building a coalition to persuade Lois Capps to call for a
> congressional oversight hearing of the Magnusen-Stevens Act. Catch-
> share programs are being implemented up and down the east and west
> coast by regional fisheries management programs to consolidate
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.