[Scpg] Thurs Oct 15 permaculture mini-convergence/potluck in Santa Barbara

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 10:35:38 PDT 2009

Interested in  learning more about permaculture? Taken the Permaculture
Design Course?   Whether you're new or experienced in permaculture, you're
invited  to...
A LOCAL PERMACULTURE  MINI-CONVERGENCE AND POTLUCK

When: Thurs Oct 15, 7-9  pm

Where: Holy Cross Church  auditorium, 1740 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara

Cost:  Free, plus free parking  in large church parking lot.

Hosted  by:  the Santa Barbara Permaculture Guild. Contact
_lbuzzell at aol.com_ (mailto:lbuzzell at aol.com)  for more  info.

Theme: What can permaculture accomplish in  Santa Barbara County? The
importance of applying permaculture on a local  basis.

Who: open to everyone who's  interested in permaculture or who has taken
the PDC

Potluck: We'll start with our  potluck and once we have our food on our
plates we'll begin our discussion as we  eat. Please bring food or drink to
share plus your plate, utensils, cup  etc.

Topics we'll discuss  include:

* How is permaculture  doing in Santa Barbara County?

* The number  of folks in our area who have now studied permaculture or
taken the PDC is  rapidly growing.  How can we harness this new
energy/community  resource?

* Share your ideas  and what you're doing or hope to do locally to put
permaculture into  practice.

* What are your  needs and let's see if together we can help meet  them.

* What are your  resources, so others know who to talk to.

* Global permaculture and  local permaculture: how do they interact?

* Women in permaculture -  a brief report on the recent Quail Springs
convergence.

Then we'll break up into  Forums to discuss what's going on with food,
building and invisible systems  (e.g. transition) in our area, and report back
to the whole  group.