[Scpg] 9-Acre Property Available for Organic Farming

Shelly Cobb cobb.shelly at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:44:16 PDT 2009

Spread the word....

9-Acre Property Available for Organic Farming

The Carpinteria Unified School District is Soliciting Bids from Organic
Farmers to Lease Property at 225 Toro Canyon Road. Sealed bids are due
to the District Office, 1400 Linden Avenue, Carpinteria, by 5:30 PM on
October 13, 2009 and will be reviewed by the Governing Board.

Call Cindy Abbott for further information 805-684-4511or e-mail
cabbott at cusd.net

Krista Harris
Editor/Publisher
Edible Santa Barbara
Office Phone/Fax (805) 898-9612
Cell (805) 455-3748
krista at ediblesantabarbara.com
www.ediblesantabarbara.com

opportunity for anyone looking to farm up to 9 coastal acres.  CUSD is now
accepting bids for the Toro Canyon property in order to farm it organically
with the hopes that the dist. can purchase produce grown on the land in the
future.  Logistics of such an arrangement would have to be worked out with
CUSD, but there is tremendous potential for the site and this project both
in terms of food production and educational opportunities.

> Please see attached flyer for some basic information.  Feel free to call
me with questions, or better yet, Cindy Abbott, CFO for the district.  Her
number is 684-4511 and can be found on the flyer.

> Thanks much for spreading the word.
>
> Eric Cárdenas
> Agriculture Infrastructure Manager, s'Cool Food Initiative
> 805.565.7550 x 113 (ph)
> 805.565.7554 (fx)
> 1283 Coast Village Cr.
> Santa Barbara, Ca. 93108
> www.scoolfood.org

hand out for the Toro Canyon lease.  Thanks,

--
Shelly Cobb
Edible Santa Barbara
shelly at ediblesantabarbara.com