[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] [Age-of-Stupid] "We are on the verge of a new dawn" / film's responses from last night's screening

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Tue Sep 22 09:40:05 PDT 2009

Some responses form the film last night.....

Begin forwarded message:

> The Huffington Post today
> "One of the most important films of the year (perhaps decade).....
> The Age of Stupid represents the future of film, film culture and
> film distribution and marketing. Filmmakers need to realize that
> getting your film in front of an audience is at least half of their
> job as filmmakers. The filmmakers behind The Age of Stupid get it.
> They get it to the nth degree and it is exciting. They are blazing a
> trail for filmmakers to not only release their films in their home
> countries, but around the world. We are on the verge of a new dawn,
> where fans support the films they want to see and where those films
> can create a worldwide theatrical release without studio support.
> You should go see this film not because I feel it is a great film (I
> haven't seen it yet!) but because you will be participating in the
> rebirth of film culture." -
>
> Photos: http://www.ageofstupid.net/photos
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ageofstupid
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/ageofstupid
>
> First reactions from the American cinema
> Tonight I, my husband, and my 10 year old daughter were part of the
> global screening of The Age of Stupid.  What utter, simple,
> brilliant work.  To be so suddenly and powerfully presented with the
> clear responsibility of my generation ...  words cannot possibly
> express what this does to one's body, mind and spirit.  Truly.  I
> thank you all for your faith, brilliance, vision, humor, and love.
> Let's do this together. - Karen H xoxox
> Saw "The Age of Stupid" tonight. Blew my mind, I highly highly
> highly recommend you see it and then do something about climate
> change NOW!
>
> Goodness, sadness, anger; such a range of emotion is difficult to
> evoke, and #AgeofStupid has done it! A movie, yes - a wake up call
>
> Just back from seeing @ageofstupid. I will sell my car in a few weeks.
>
> wow. at the screening of @ageofstupid and delightfully inspired
>
> What a compelling film and interactive global event. We cannot rely
> on our corporate leaders for change. WE have to be those leaders,
> movers and shakers. The time is imminent, and I expect to see
> millions globally hitting the streets to demand change from the
> Copenhagen summit.
>
>  Watched the movie in florida tonight and it was purely an
> awakening! Thanks to all the people who worked on it! I am going to
> be spreading the word and be taking some action! We all can do
> something! We all NEED to do something!
>
> What an incredible film!!! Just saw it in Los Angeles. I am so
> moved. Thank you for making this film! I want everyone to see it and
> make sure Copenhagen happens!!
>
>  Just got home from the premier of The Age of Stupid, in West Palm
> Beach, Florida....I have never seen such a moving screening. I
> believe that there is something we all can do. My friends and I do
> what we can to help the environment, more can be done ...and we want
> [...]

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.