[Scpg] Broadacre Permaculture, Soil Food Web w/Elaine Ingham, and related courses in Santa Barbara

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Wed Sep 23 13:19:02 PDT 2009

Hello Southern and Central California permaculture guild folks,

The courses coming up in Santa Barbara and up at RDI in Marin County are all
very exciting opportunities!  We want to encourage you to learn more and
take advantage of the amazing array of instructors and unique offerings in
both Northern and Southern California.  As the Santa Barbara area convenors,
we especially want to extend a warm welcome to local and regional
permaculture enthusiasts to the trainings in the Santa Barbara area at
Orella Ranch (www.orellaranch.com), a beautiful 7th generation family ranch
on the Gaviota Coast, and the low cost public events in the city of Santa
Barbara.  Please visit www.CarbonEconomySB.com to learn more or read on
below for details on upcoming events.

Best,
Kolmi Majumdar & Warren Brush, Quail Springs, and Guner Tautrim, Orella
Ranch

Upcoming Santa Barbara Trainings - Register Now!

Soil Food Web/Compost & Compost Tea Technologies with Dr. Elaine Ingham is
offered ala carte as a 3 day training October 30-November 1.  If you've been
waiting to learn with Elaine Ingham, this is your chance!  For the course to
run, we need 12 students registered by October 2, and are already half way
there. The early bird rate is $550 - a great value for learning with a
renowned soil microbiologist, with all meals and camping included.  Please
tell your friends and colleagues!

Sustainable Land Management, November 10-15, is a course on Broadacre
Permaculture, Keyline Design, and Holistic Management with Darren Doherty
and Kirk Gadzia.  Anyone involved in land management or with an interest in
soil building, water conservation, sustainability and profitability - this
is a course for you! It is offered as separate 3 day parts or as a full 6
day training.  Holistic Management is November 10-12, and Broadacre
Permaculture/Keyline Design is November 13-15.  These courses offer a
commuter option with lunch included, as part of our outreach to local
farmers, ranchers and students with commitments at home to be able to
benefit from the training.  The early bird rate, commuter rate for a 3 day
part is just $400.

In early December, we are looking forward to trainings and public talks with
Gunter Pauli, ecopreneur and the founder of ZERI, and with Joel Salatin,
sustainable and family farming advocate and owner of Polyface Farms.

To learn about the Santa Barbara trainings and events, or to register,
please visit www.CarbonEconomySB.com.