[Scpg] Harding School Farmers Market

Owen Dell owen at owendell.com
Wed Sep 23 17:04:43 PDT 2009

Hey y'all,

I just got back from my weekly visit to the new Westside Santa Barbara
Farmers Market at Harding School. It's a really great little market,
you don't have to fight the crowds like you do on Saturdays and
Tuesdays downtown, the selection is good for a small operation (with a
decent amount of organic stuff), and the people are really friendly
and give you good deals. They're trying hard to increase business, but
I think it has been slower than they would like. So I'm writing to
urge you to give them a try and support a very worthy local
enterprise. If you live on the Mesa or the West Side, this is an
especially convenient location. Why not stop by next Wednesday
afternoon?

Here's the blurb from their web site (http://www.sbfarmersmarket.org/):

New Farmers Market at Harding Elementary School
We are pleased to announce the launch of our newest local farmers
market, which will be located every Wednesday from 3:00pm-6:30pm at
Harding Elementary School. Come join us for our July 29th opening at
1625 Robbins street for an exceptional array of fresh local produce,
flowers, plants, nuts, sprouts, eggs, whole chickens, pies, breads,
and much more!  The seasons very best peaches, berries, citrus,
tomatoes, green beans, corn, apples, peppers and melons will all be
available! For more information about this, or any of our other
farmers markets, please contact us at 805-962-5354, or send an email
to sbcfma at rain.org.

Let's help make this a big success for the farmers!

Thanks.

Owen

Owen E. Dell
Landscape Architect • Educator • Author
P.O. Box 30433 • Santa Barbara, CA 93130
805 962-3253
owen at owendell.com
www.owendell.com

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"To the extent that it is possible, you must live in the world today
as you wish everyone to live in the world to come. That can be your
contribution. Otherwise, the world you want will never be formed.
Why? Because you are waiting for others to do what you are not
doing; and they are waiting for you, and so on. The planet goes
from bad to worse."
			Alice Walker
			The Temple of My Familiar