[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] THE PROMISE OF OUR DARK AGE: A Public Talk by Joanna Macy

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Sun Oct 4 14:02:12 PDT 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Event: THE PROMISE OF OUR DARK AGE: A Public Talk by Joanna Macy

Date: Thursday, October 29

Time: 7pm

Place: The Ojai Foundation. Hwy 150 & Old Walnut Road, Upper Ojai, CA

Ticket Price: REGULAR ADULT $15/advanced purchase $20/ door

STUDENTS/SENIORS  $5/advanced purchase $10/door

For ticket purchase or more information:   www.ojaifoundation.org

or contact Trisha at registration at ojaifoundation.org  or 805.646.8343

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EVENT:

THE PROMISE OF OUR DARK AGE: The Wisdom, Strength and Beauty We are
Discovering. A public talk by Joanna Macy

As we free ourselves from the delusion and dependencies bred by the
industrial growth society, something wonderful can happen to us. If we
steer clear of panic, we find at last the wild power of our creativity
and solidarity. To see this as the larger context of our lives clears
our vision and summons our courage. Joanna Macy provides this context
in an inspirational evening talk.

Author, activist and eco-philosopher Joanna Macy is one of the great
evolutionary leaders of our time. A respected scholar of general
systems theory, deep ecology, and Buddhism, she is also a leading
voice in movements for peace, justice, and environmental integrity.
She has created a ground-breaking theoretical framework for personal
and social change, as well as a powerful workshop methodology for its
application.  To learn more about her work, see www.joannamacy.net.

After Joanna's talk, please join us for intergenerational music,
drumming and song.

Ticket sales goes towards Scholarship Fund for the Joanna Macy
Intergenerational Intensive Oct. 29 -Nov. 4 in Ojai.  http://www.ojaifoundation.org/event/work-reconnects-joanna-macy

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.