[Scpg] [hd-films-sb] Permaculture and the Sacred with Starhawk at The Ojai Foundation Dec 4-6

bob banner info at hopedance.org
Mon Oct 12 17:32:52 PDT 2009

http://www.hopedance.org/events/icalrepeat.detail/2009/12/04/51/-/YTQwMGU0NmVjMTg0ZDViYThhN2I4N2RiZTgwMDQ5Y2Q=/permaculture-and-the-sacred-with-starhawk

Begin forwarded message:

> JOIN US for the weekend or for the Friday night lecture:
>
> The Ojai Foundation presents:
> Permaculture and the Sacred with Starhawk
>

> Permaculture (“permanent-culture”) creates a practical model of
> abundance and beauty for all, a vision that’s both attainable and
> sustainable with present technology, a practice that works with
> nature instead of against her.
>
> In this workshop, Starhawk, a dedicated permaculturalist herself,
> takes it one step further. Join her to explore ways to listen to the
> land, communicate with nature spirits, heal the scars of past land-
> abuse, and observe the wisdom of the wild. [Lectures and hands-on
> projects to be created in response to site itself and its
> opportunities. In past, has included fungi cultivation, planting
> living shade structures with fruit trees, fun with cobb, “mud
> people,” pond construction, kitchen garden plantings, herb spirals,
> ritual to heal
> clear-cut forests, learning to see like an owl and walk like a fox —
> and so on.]
>
> WEEKEND PROGRAM
> Fri. Dec. 4 through Sun. Dec 6
> $300 - $440 (Sliding Scale)
> meals, lecture and lodging included
>
> EVENING LECTURE
> Friday, 7pm Open to the Public
> Topic: Social Permaculture
> Tickets for lecture only are $25
> To register visit www.ojaifoundation.org
> or call (805) 646-8343, ext. 101
>
> Starhawk is one of the most respected voices in modern earth-based
> spirituality. She is also well-known as a global justice activist
> and organizer, whose work and writings have inspired many to action.
> She is the author or coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral
> Dance: A Rebirth of the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess, long
> considered the essential text for the Neo-Pagan movement, and the
> now-classic ecotopian novel The Fifth Sacred Thing. Starhawk’s
> newest book is The Earth Path: Grounding Your Spirit in the Rhythms
> of Nature. She believes council, ceremony and nature can enrich
> anyone’s life, and the sooner the better.

__________________
Bob Banner
Publisher & Director

HopeDance
Celebrating Transition, Opportunity and Resilience  •  2500 Oakview
Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.hopedance.org/cms
HopeDance at Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/hopedance
Follow us at twitter: http://twitter.com/hopedance

edibleSLO: Celebrating Local Food, Farmers and Healthy Food in SLO
County
2500 Oakview Rd.  •  Templeton, CA 93465  •   805.434.3950
http://www.ediblesanluisobispo.com
http://www.wiserearth.org/group/edibleslo
http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/group/ediblesanluisobispo
Follow us on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/edibleslo

FiLMs, PRiNT & Web: info at hopedance.org / http://www.hopedance.org /
805.369-0203
TRANSITION:
Transition Initiative PORTAL: http://www.hopedance.org/cms/content/view/535/1
Transition CA: http://transitioncalifornia.ning.com/

Disclaimer:
The information we send out originates from reliable sources which we
believe to be accurate; but this cannot be guaranteed. We are not
responsible for any errors or omissions and we disclaim any liability
incurred as a consequence of any of the content.