[Scpg] we can follow IPC9 Nov 2-6 on official blog

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 08:53:06 PDT 2009

Follow the  IPC9 Nov 2-6 Malawi on the official   BLOG /Please share

IPC9   http://www.ipcon.org

hi everyone
just to let you know if you can't  attend the 9 International Permaculture
Conference and Convergence (IPC9) Nov2-6  Malawi 2009,   you can sign up
for email  alerts or RSS feeds, click on Blog on the IPC9  menu

GREETINGS FROM  ORGANIZERS

IPC9 MALAWI , AFRICA  2009

DESIGNING SOLUTIONS FOR A  SUSTAINABLE FUTURE - PLAN AFRICA: FOOD AND
EMPOWERMENT

On behalf of the organisers of the  the 9th International Permaculture
Conference and Convergence (IPC9) that is  happpening in Africa I extend a warm
welcome to you from the warm heart of  Africa. We invite you to this blog so
that you can be part of the excitement  that we are having in hosting this
momentous event that comes on the eve of the  Copenhagen summit on climatic
change.  The IPC is a genuine grassroots  movement that happens entirely due
to the energy and enthusiasm of the ordinary  member.

The Programme that is lined up for  the convergence is packed with
experiences from across the world that will be  shared during the first two days. On
the third day we have created open spaces  where participants will direct
their energies towards an issue of their choice.  On the fourth day of the
convergence we gather to share the strategies from the  various open spaces
and thematic discussions. During the conference we will have  key note
presentations before a tree planting exercise with the local people.  After that
the participants walk through displays and markets and network.   A group of
over 50 young learners from various schools will be part of the  conference
gathering. The conference will be followed by a three week tour of
Permaculture projects in three Southern African countries.

We look forward to sharing much  of the excitement from these events on
this blog. Welcome! Bemvindo! Bienvenue!  Karibu! Mwalandiridwa! Sethule!
Tigashire!Titambire!
Mugove  Walter Nyika, IPC9 Coordinator, Blantyre, Malawi. October  2009