[Scpg] Starhawk: Permaculture and the Sacred at The Ojai Foundation Dec 4-6 w/ evening lecture on Dec 4th

Rachel Dawson pathofservice at ojaifoundation.org
Tue Nov 10 18:10:06 PST 2009

WEEKEND PROGRAM

Fri. Dec. 4 through Sun. Dec 6

$300 - $440 (Sliding Scale)

meals, lecture and lodging included

EVENING LECTURE

Friday, 7pm Open to the PublicTopic: Social PermacultureTickets for lecture
only are $25

To register visit www.ojaifoundation.org or call (805) 646-8343, ext. 101

Permaculture (“permanent-culture”) creates a practical model of abundance
and beauty for all, a vision that’s both attainable and sustainable with
present technology, a practice that works with nature instead of against
her.

In this workshop, Starhawk, a dedicated permaculturalist herself, takes it
one step further. Join her to explore ways to listen to the land,
communicate with nature spirits, heal the scars of past land-abuse, and
observe the wisdom of the wild. [Lectures and hands-on projects to be
created in response to site itself and its opportunities. In past, has
included fungi cultivation, planting living shade structures with fruit
trees, fun with cobb, “mud people,” pond construction, kitchen garden
plantings, herb spirals, ritual to heal clear-cut forests, learning to see
like an owl and walk like a fox — and so on.]
Starhawk is one of the most respected voices in modern earth-based
spirituality. She is also well-known as a global justice activist and
organizer, whose work and writings have inspired many to action. She is the
author or coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral Dance: A Rebirth of
the Ancient Religion of the Great Goddess, long considered the essential
text for the Neo-Pagan movement, and the now-classic ecotopian novel The
Fifth Sacred Thing. Starhawk’s newest book is The Earth Path: Grounding Your
Spirit in the Rhythms of Nature. She believes council, ceremony and nature
can enrich anyone’s life, and the sooner the better.

--
"If there is any positive side to stark changes coming our way, it may be in
the benefits of close communal relations, of having to really work

Years from now, when we hear singing at all, we will hear ourselves, and we
will sing with our whole hearts."

"The Long Emergency", 2005, by James Howard Kunstler, Grove/Atlantic, Inc.,
publisher.