[Scpg] Perennial vegetable list wanted

John Valenzuela johnvalenzuela at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:34:10 PST 2009

Lots of lists out there. . .

My favorite, a must have for all food foresters, with an incredible range of climates included (Canada to Hawai'i):
Perennial Vegetables
			From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, a Gardener's Guide to Over 100 Delicious, Easy-to-Grow Edibles
			by Eric ToensmeierPublished by Chelsea Green

After living in Hawai'i  for 15 years,
here are some of my favorites greens for your climate:

Tree collards, Brassica
edible hibiscus, pacific spinach, Abelmoschus
katuk, Saropus
horseradish tree, Moringa
Okinawan spinach, Gyurna
Brasilian spinach, Alternanthera
Mayan spinach, Chaya

don't get me started on the perennial roots, and vines. . .
well, I can go on, and on, if you want.

JV

Cornucopia Kitchen Gardens and Food Forests
John Valenzuela
Permaculture Services
Horticulturist, Consultant, Educator-

California, Hawai'i