[Scpg] Creating an Edible Oasis: Hands-on Food Forest Course - Sunday, Feb. 28 - Santa Cruz, CA

Devin S devinfromheaven at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 01:21:17 PST 2010

*Abundance In Balance Design Presents:
Creating an Edible Oasis - Hands-on Food Forest Design Course
Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 - 10AM to 5PM*

*Cost: $25-$75 Sliding Scale* (Pay what you can)*
*To Register:* Visit *www.AbundanceInBalance.com*
or C*all (831) 704-6242
*
*Have you ever dreamed of transforming your lawn into a food forest?*

Imagine walking out into your yard or neighborhood and being surrounded by
delicious nut trees, berry bushes, edible greens, and nourishing herbs all
around. This is all possible in a Food Forest - the most productive and
resilient landscape pattern we can create. They provide an abundance of
food, medicine, fuel, fiber, and beauty year round with minimal maintence.
What if the process of converting lawns into food forest was easy? Well it
is! With Creating an Edible Oasis, you will walk away with all the tools you
need to create food forests in your life!

*In this course we will cover:
*-Food Forest Design
-Plant Guilds and Species Lists
-Water Harvesting Earthworks
-Soil Building
-Hands-on implementation of a food forest!
-Option: Mentoring in Creating YOUR Edible Oasis!

*Instructor**: Devin Slavin - Designer and Mentor*
Devin Slavin is a Permaculture Designer, and Nature Mentor who lives in
Santa Cruz, CA. He has trained extensively with the Regenerative Design
Institute and creates harmonious, productive landscapes with his fully
featured design business Abundance In Balance Design. Devin also co-founded
the Grow Food Party Crew - a movement and model for creating edible gardens
through community celebrations all around the world.

*Payment options will be emailed to you within 48hrs. of your registration.

www.AbundanceInBalance.com Creating an oasis on a day-to-day basis!

--
Devin Slavin
Regenerative Design & Mentoring

Upcoming Events:

SANTA CRUZ "HANDS-ON" PERMACULTURE COURSE SERIES
Earthen Oven, Greywater, Native Skills and Awareness, Food Forestry, Veggie
Gardens, & Backyard Chickens Workshops
(Email Devin at AbundanceInBalance.com for in more info)

Video:

Lastest video from my Laundry to Landscape Greywater Workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzTDleOu9XQ

Fresh video from Grow Food Party Crew Santa Cruz!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOG2ajvsi0I

Latest video from our Creating an Edible Oasis workshop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwIXhoIArVE

Check out the official Grow Food Party Crew video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwwHWln08Z4