[Scpg] "Social Permaculture" speaker proposes talk in Santa Barbara

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 08:05:16 PST 2010

We received this and are considering planning setting a date to hear this
speaker.

Linda

This is Jan Spencer in Eugene, Oregon ... spencerj at efn.org

I am  organizing a speaking tour in California called Global Trends -
Local  Choices.  "Perspectives, models and tools to redefine the present
and  future."

This could be called Social Permaculture.  Not only the  hands on stuff
but how hands on stuff can leverage community building, reduce  eco
impact and create more resilient places where we live, boost the  local
economy,,,,,,,

Topics - converting a suburban property into a  Permaculture shangri -
la. Making good use of neighborhood associations,  creating resilient
neighborhoods, permaculture, home economics, communities  of faith and
more.

My tour plan is to go south along the western  sierra, to the coast
drive
from Ventura up the coast and would like to  make presentations in
Ventura, Santa Barbara, SLO, Monterrey, Santa Cruz and  the Bay Area.

No dates have been set but mid April is looking likely for  Santa
Barbara.

There is no charge from me.  I am interested to  connect with people and
groups that would like to collaborate on a free and  public presentation
that would interest many people, its timely.  Are  you interested to
help out? The need - finding an easy to access place in  town for the
presentation, publicity, perhaps connecting me with local  media.

I would also like very much to see good works in Santa  Barbara.  And
feel free to pass this info along or suggest others I  might contact.

More on my website  www.suburbanpermaculture.org

Thanks!

Jan

Credits:

10  years suburban conversion project

10 years on the board of my  neighborhood association

many presentations, writings, conferences,  interviews

five years out of the  country

fotos

neighborhood meeting - creating resilient  communities

suburban permaculture

empty city property + initiative  = new community garden

eco village - driveway turned into garden and  water feature

not related - do any of you  surf?