[Scpg] Thurs March 4 - Permaculture Guild meeting on local jobs, economy

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 07:08:26 PST 2010

LOCAL JOBS TO MEET LOCAL NEEDS!

On Thursday evening, March 4th from 7 pm - 8:45 pm, the Permaculture Guild
of Santa Barbara will be holding a potluck and free meeting in the
auditorium at  Holy Cross Church on the Mesa, 1740 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara -- 1
1/2 blocks  east of the intersection of Cliff and Meigs, just past the Fire
Station on the  north side of the street.  Drive into the big Holy Cross
parking lot and  park at the back near the auditorium. Please bring food and/or
drinks  (non-alcoholic) to share.

>From 7 pm - 7:20 we'll enjoy our potluck and conversation.  At 7:20 pm
we'll start going around the circle with our "Talking Stick," brainstorming and
 sharing any ideas we have on how to navigate a very different economic
future.  How can we create income from local talents and resources  that meet
local needs in all the sectors of our community: food, health, land  care,
people care, shelter and more?  How can the permaculture ethics and
principles guide us toward a better economic future for our community?   Since March
is the 3rd month of the year, we'll pay special attention to
permaculture's 3rd principle: "Obtain a Yield."

Please come and share your ideas, resources and needs!

Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara steering committee
Carrie, Ann, Jacob, Dinorah, Barbara, Larry and  Linda