[Scpg] Jan Spencer to talk on "Neighborhood Permaculture" April 21

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 11:11:58 PST 2010

For your April calendar...

Mr. Jan Spencer, a permaculturist from Eugene, Oregon, will be giving  a
free talk (no cost or donation) and slide show on Wed April 21 from 7 pm -
8:45 pm on our global challenges and how folks in his area of Oregon are using
 permaculture at the neighborhood level as one solution. He also wants to
hear  what we're doing here in Santa Barbara.

The talk will take place at the Karpeles Manuscript Library on Anapamu in
downtown Santa Barbara. His website, with pictures of his backyard food
forest,  is at _www.suburbanpermaculture.org_
(http://www.suburbanpermaculture.org)

The Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara is hosting the event and we'd
welcome co-sponsoring organizations. THERE IS NO COST OR WORK  INVOLVED! So
please join us and use a table at the back of the room to  put out the good word
about your local activities.  We're hoping that  many local groups that
work towards sustainability at the local community,  neighborhood and backyard
levels will participate. Neighborhood Associations and  Exchanges are very
welcome.

If you have questions or would like to participate, please email  back.

The Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara
Linda, Carrie, Ann, Jacob, Barbara, Dinorah, Larry - steering  group