[Scpg] Wanted: Lot or Land to Lease for Orchard or Food Forest (Santa Barbara-Goleta)

Michael Kelley Harris mkh at mkharris.com
Fri Feb 26 08:18:24 PST 2010

If you have some empty lot or land, and would like some extra income,
possible ag tax break, and/or fruit, consider leasing your land to me. I'd
like to experiment with different approaches to sustainable orchards or
"food forests" in the spirit of Permaculture. The hope is that the orchards
would be educational and demonstration models, visited by people of all
ages. I plan to involve a variety of Permaculture advisors and people in the
designs, and your ideas would be very welcome. While water access would be
ideal, I'd also like to try developing some of the orchards "dryland",
relying only on rain and ground water. It's OK if some of the land as been
abused. Part of the Permaculture spirit is to help regenerate injured land,
and leave the truly native lands alone. Initially I'd prefer to focus on
urban and suburban areas in Santa Barbara and Goleta. But I'd welcome
hearing about land in other locations. While I anticipate things will start
very slow, I also have some hope that some momentum could build, and more
people would get involved. It's mainly a labor of love to start, but I
realize that it will have to pay it's way in order to grow. I'm willing to
invest some of my time and money to give it a try, and pay you a reasonable
lease payment along the way.

Here's a little info about my background and interests:
http://www.kelleyharris.com/resume/permacultureResume.html
http://www.kelleyharris.com/notes/permaculture/permacultureServices.html

I'd welcome a chance to discuss your land and wishes and brainstorm possible
ways we could help each other.

Kelley
696-6260
mkh at mkharris.com