[Scpg] This Thursday: free permaculture event on Local Jobs

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 14:22:55 PST 2010

LOCAL JOBS TO MEET LOCAL  NEEDS!

This Thursday evening, March 4th from 7 pm - 8:45 pm, the Permaculture
Guild of Santa Barbara will hold a potluck and  free meeting in the auditorium
at Holy Cross Church on  the Mesa, 1740 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara -- 1 1/2
blocks east of the  intersection of Cliff and Meigs, just past the Fire
Station on the north side of  the street.  Drive into the big Holy Cross parking
lot and park at the back  near the auditorium. Please bring food and/or
drinks  (non-alcoholic) to share and your own plate, cup, utensils and  napkin!

>From 7 pm - 7:20 we'll enjoy our potluck and conversation.  At 7:20 pm
we'll start going around the circle with our "Talking Stick," brainstorming and
 sharing any ideas we have on how to navigate a very different economic
future.

    *   How can we create income from local talents and resources that meet
local  needs in all the sectors of our community: food, health, land care,
people  care, shelter and more?
    *   How can permaculture ethics and principles guide us toward a better
 economic future for our community?
    *   Since March is the 3rd month of the year, we'll pay special
attention to  permaculture's 3rd principle: "Obtain a Yield."

Please come and share your ideas, resources and needs!

Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara steering committee
Ann, Jacob, Dinorah, Barbara, Larry and Linda