[Scpg] 9-week Permaculture Practices Internship/Permaculture College Australia

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Mar 5 22:34:56 PST 2010

Permaculture College Australia presents...

9-week internship Permaculture Practices : beyond the PDC
Autumn Internship Program:  April 16 - June 18, 2010

These Internships are available to people who
have already completed a PDC. Limited placements
are available to join our on-going accredited
training program at the beautiful Djanbung
Gardens Campus for 9 weeks of permaculture
practice and theory beyond the PDC.

Applied knowledge training will include:
·     Basic botany, plant identification and plants in Permaculture
·     Design for food security and year-round supply, small crop production
·     Post-harvest preserving, fermentation and crop storage systems
·     Food forests and orchards
·     Integrated Pest and Weed management in permaculture
·     Seed Saving and managing a Permaculture seed bank
·     Water systems, waste-water treatment and composting toilets
·     Soil Food Web and Compost Teas
*      Integrated Design Workshops
·     Community development:  facilitation
skills, promoting community programs, event
management, communications and working with
cultural diversity
·     Field trips to established Permaculture properties and projects

Practical training and project work
·     Participate in a wide range of activities
relating to all the above topics
·     Hands-on Work with a wide range of Permaculture systems
·     Natural building, bamboo construction and appropriate technology projects
·     Propagation, planting, harvesting and
processing Permaculture crops: herbs, vegetables,
spices, fruit trees, fodder, fuel and craft plants
·     Learn to make Herbal ointments, oils and vinegars
·     Soap-making and natural cleaning products
·     Animal systems management and care:
chickens, ducks, turkeys, pigs, wildlife habitat
·     Team work organising the Annual June Open Day

Tutors and trainers from our faculty of
experienced practitioners include: Robyn Francis,
Janelle Schafer, Peter Hardwick, Michelle Taylor,
Hogan Gleeson and others.

DJANBUNG GARDENS is one of permaculture's leading
education centres, established 1993 by Robyn
Francis, international Permaculture designer,
educator and pioneer. Djanbung Gardens is the
campus of Permaculture College Australia,
non-profit provider of vocational training and
community education in Permaculture, sustainable
living and design, and building resilient
communities. ('Djanbung', pronounced with a
silent 'd' , means platypus in the local Wyabul
dialect)

Campus Resources: interns enjoy full access to
our campus resources including extensive
reference library, wireless internet and other
student facilities, communal kitchen and cob
oven, as well as participating fully in our
working Permaculture systems and lifestyle. We
are just a short walk from Nimbin Village, a
centre for alternative lifestyle and culture, and
opportunities to participate in wider community
activities and cultural events. Nimbin is located
in the picturesque hinterland of the NSW north
coast, surrounded by world-heritage subtropical
rainforests, an hour from Byron Bay and
magnificent beaches.

Living community arrangements
Interns live as a functioning learning community
with our long-term residential APT (Accredited
Permaculture Training) interns. The community of
interns at Djanbung Gardens take responsibility
for self-organisation within a set of guidelines
for community living. Interns manage the communal
kitty budget and roster to prepare communal
meals, experiencing the complete garden-to-table
experience.  Interns participate in the daily
management of animal and production systems in
the gardens.

Cost: $4000 AUD includes training, access to
campus resources, on-site camping and
contribution to communal kitty. Some
accommodation may be available for extra cost -
please enquire regarding accommodation options
and availability. NB for miscellaneous Living
Costs and additional food please allow a minimum
of $100/week

Certification: Interns successfully completing
the program will be awarded a Permaculture
College Australia Certificate of Completion in
Permaculture Practices.
Course includes 140 hours formal training plus
minimum 160 hours action-based learning and
project work

REGISTER NOW!!!
To reserve your place, please complete the
registration form and pay $200 deposit to
Permaculture College Australia.
<>admin at permaculture.com.au
Please read the student information on our
website for refund policy and codes of practice.
<http://www.permaculture.com.au>http://www.permaculture.com.au
Payment by Paypal can be arranged.

NEXT Permaculture Practices Internship: July 26 - Sept 23, 2010
This follows the Winter School Program 2-week
intensive PDC Jul 3-16 and Advanced Design Skills
course Jul 19-22. See website for details.

--
Permaculture College Australia inc
Pathways to sustainability through

Robyn Francis
International permaculture design and
sustainability consultant, educator & facilitator

Djanbung Gardens
Permaculture Education Centre & Demonstration Farm
PO Box 379 Nimbin NSW 2480
02-6689 1755  /  0429 147 138
www.permaculture.com.au