[Scpg] Free Permaculture Meeting on Healing our Soil, Thursday, April 1

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 14:52:13 PDT 2010

 Thursday evening, April 1st from 7 pm - 8:45 pm, the Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara will hold a potluck and free meeting on HEALING OUR SOIL in the auditorium at Holy Cross Church on the Mesa, 1740 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara -- 1 1/2 blocks east of the intersection of Cliff and Meigs, just past the Fire Station on the north side of the street.  Drive into the big Holy Cross parking lot (now fully resurfaced and open for parking) and park at the back near the auditorium.Please bring food and/or drinks (non-alcoholic) to share and your own plate, cup, utensils and napkin!

This meeting will *star* our members who recently attended the workshop by soil expert Dr. Elaine Ingham at Orella Ranch on the Gaviota coast. Barbara Wishingrad, Jacob Rodrigue, Tres Wallower and the events committee of PGSB are organizing this event.

>From 7 pm - 7:20 we'll enjoy our potluck and conversation.  At 7:20 pm we'll begin our program as our presenters share what they have learned about healing our soil. Then we'll go around the circle with our "Talking Stick," brainstorming and sharing any ideas you have on ...
	* How can we best improve the tilth and health of local soil?
	* How can permaculture ethics and principles guide us toward a better relationship with local soils?
	* Since April is the 4th month of the year, we'll pay special attention to permaculture's 4th principle: "Apply Self-regulation and Accept Feedback."
Please come and share your ideas, resources and needs!

To inspire us, here are two quotes from Carl Jung:

It is the body, the feeling, the instincts, which connect us with the soil.  If you give up the past you naturally detach from the past; you lose your roots in the soil, your connection with the totem ancestors that dwell in your soil.  You turn outward and drift away, and try to conquer other lands because you are exiled form your own soil.

Natural Life is the nourishing soil of the soil.
 Permaculture Guild of Santa Barbara
Larry Saltzman and Leif Skogberg, Co-Chairs