[Scpg] "Healing Our Soil" free potluck/talk Thursday

LBUZZELL at aol.com LBUZZELL at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 08:25:54 PDT 2010

This Thursday evening, April 1st from 7  pm - 8:45 pm, the Permaculture
Guild of Santa  Barbara will hold a potluck  and free meeting on HEALING OUR
SOIL in the auditorium at Holy Cross Church on the Mesa, 1740 Cliff  Drive,
Santa Barbara -- 1 1/2 blocks  east of the intersection of Cliff and Meigs,
just past the Fire Station on the  north side of the street.  Drive into the
big Holy Cross parking lot (now  fully resurfaced and open for parking) and
park at the back near the  auditorium.Please bring food and/or drinks
(non-alcoholic) to share and your own plate, cup, utensils and  napkin!

This meeting will *star* our members who recently attended the workshop by
soil expert Dr. Elaine Ingham at Orella Ranch on the Gaviota coast. Barbara
 Wishingrad, Jacob Rodrigue, Tres Wallower and the events committee of PGSB
are  organizing this event.

>From 7 pm - 7:20 we'll enjoy our  potluck and conversation.  At 7:20 pm
we'll begin our program  as our presenters share what they have learned about
healing our soil. Then  we'll go around the circle with our "Talking Stick,"
brainstorming and sharing  any ideas you have on ...
    *   How can we best improve the tilth and health of local soil?
    *   How can permaculture ethics and principles guide us toward a better
 relationship with local soils?
    *   Since April is the 4th month of the year, we'll pay special
attention to  permaculture's 4th principle: "Apply Self-regulation and Accept
Feedback."
Please come and share your ideas, resources and needs!

To inspire us, here are two quotes from Carl Jung:
It is the body,  the feeling, the instincts, which connect us with the
soil.  If you give up the past you naturally detach from  the past; you lose
your roots in the soil, your connection with the totem  ancestors that dwell
in your soil.  You turn outward and  drift away, and try to conquer other
lands because you are exiled form your own  soil.
Natural Life is the nourishing  soil of the soil.

Permaculture Guild of Santa  Barbara
Larry Saltzman and Leif Skogberg, Co-Chairs