[Scpg] Cooperative PDC in Northern California - More Students, New Rate!

Sierra Permaculture Guild gryphon at sierrapermaculture.org
Mon Mar 29 09:09:31 PDT 2010

[image: sierrapdc500.png]

Cooperative Permaculture Design Course
Sierra Nevada Foothills - near Grass Valley, California
April 24 - May 5, 2010

*Course Price Just Reduced: More Students = Lower Rate. Bring friends and
save hundreds more!*

This cooperative permaculture design certification course weaves together
the creativity and energy of the participants and trainers in a 12-day
exploration of how to design our world to work for all life.

Amongst the breathtaking scenery of the Sierra Nevada foothills of Northern
California, we will share our collective insights, wisdom and experience
about how to create sustainable, self-reliant communities, low maintenance
foodscapes, healthy homes made from the earth, greywater systems,
alternative economic systems and all the many other hallmark techniques of
permaculture design.
*
Innovative Cooperative Model*

This course is designed within an innovative cooperative framework which
allows us to:

    * Share in the work, quickly build community, and learn in a hands-on
environment
    * Invest in this special site and leave behind artifacts memorializing
our time together and what we have learned.
    * *Reduced Rate!* *With additional students now signed up, the course
rate has just been reduced to $1,000*. By sharing the work and its fruits,
we can offer the 12-day course for as low as $700. As the number of
participants crosses certain thresholds, the economy of scale will reduce
everyone’s course fee further, so tell your friends! *Work trade discounts
are available.*

The practical sustainable living and cooperative working skills built during
course are set in the context of the ethics and principles of permaculture
design – the principles of natural systems.

Completion of the 12 day training results in the internationally
standardized Permaculture Design Certificate.

*Introductory Weekend Permaculture Course
*
The first two days of this course, April 24 and 25 will be offered as a
stand-alone ‘Introduction to Permaculture course for those with weekend
availability only.

The training is appropriate for beginners just learning of permaculture for
the first time and experienced designers looking to apply what they have
learned before on an inchoate site, for job seekers looking to invent the
new economy and for those interested in the intersection of spirit, yoga and
sustainable living.

An Abbreviated List of Course Topics:
- Ethics, Principles and Methods of Permaculture Design
- Translating Patterns into Designs
- Watershed Stewardship
- Soil Fertility
- Food Forests and Perennial Vegetables
- Diversified Renewable Energy Strategies
- Community Economic Systems
- Natural Building

*A Collaboration of Teachers*

A diverse array of instructors have been assembled for this unique
Permaculture experience. Teachers include: Sage Mata, Kevin Bayuk, Matt
Berry, Shawn Berry, Sean Culman, Benjamin Jordan, Paul Racko, Kevin
"Karmendra" Rossy, and Scott Stoller.

*About The Location*

Ananda Dhiira is beautifully located in the Sierra Foothills adjacent to the
South Yuba River State Park, a few miles from Grass Valley, California. The
20-acre parcel consists of about 12 acres of sloped oak-woodland, and 8
acres of meadow bisected by a perennial creek.  It is a place of
self-discovery where subtle energy flows throughout the land. Ananda Shiira
holds space for  personal and community development. It is a place for you
learn, contribute, and leave a lasting impact for future generations.

TOGETHER WE ARE A COMMUNITY OF ABUNDANCE !

*Registration is now open. Visit http://sierrapdc.com today!*