[Scpg] Fantastic Lightening in a Bottle ART/MUSIC festival May 28th-31st is looking for people to teach urban homesteading, sustainability, and natural living "How-To" workshops!

susan harvey suelove76 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:27:04 PDT 2010

Fantastic Lightening in a Bottle ART/MUSIC festival May 28th-31st is looking
for people to teach urban homesteading, sustainability, and natural living
"How-To" workshops!
http://ymlp.com/zinBX4

*L.I.B. stands for Leave It Better, Leave It Beautiful!*
We are taking it a step beyond Leave No Trace, and striving to leave the
environment even more beautiful than we found it.  And we want YOU to leave
the event feeling better than you came, with more knowledge and skills to go
home and continue the L.I.B. philosophy in your home environment.

That's why this year we are unveiling an unprecedented line-up of urban
homesteading, sustainability, and natural living "How-To" workshops that
will give you the opportunity to learn in one weekend how to literally
change your lifestyle.  Grow your own food, make your own healthy dishes,
and compost it back into your own garden!  Keep your eyes out for an
upcoming Green Guide on all the supplies you can bring to LIB workshops so
you can create on site and go home all set up and ready to go.

We are also giving the community the opportunity to showcase and share what
you know!  If you are interested in promoting yourself and your organization
while leading the way and sharing invaluable knowledge on healthy
sustainable living with the community, let us know (
http://lightninginabottle.org/workshop-application/<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwbazamesanaummyapauhjmb/click.php>
), *and pass on the word to your earth-wise friends!*

Here are some of the subjects we're looking for - Share what you know and
get a discounted LIB ticket!

• Raising Urban Chickens
• Grow Your Own Organic Food: (Gardening 101 basics for the urban dweller)
• Wild Edibles: Identifying and preparing
• Medicinal Herbs: Growing and using
• Beekeeping
• Wild Mushrooms & Cultivation
• Growing Herbs in Your Kitchen
• Make Green Cleaning Products
• Make Organic Lotions & Beauty Products

• Cheese or Nut Milk Creation
• Fermenting/Brewing (beer or wine)
• Making Bread (e.g. gluten free)
• Dehydrating & Recipes
• Simple DIY Rainwater or Greywater
• Simple DIY Solar, Pedal Power, or other
• Creating Biofuel Basics
• Making Raw Chocolates
• Superfoods: How to know and use
• Simple DIY Composting Toilets

Sign up and let us know what you'd like to share with the community!
http://lightninginabottle.org/workshop-application/<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwbazamesanaummyapauhjmb/click.php>

    Trouble viewing this email? View in Web
Browser<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwuanamesaoaummyarauhjmb/click.php>
To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add "list at thedolab.com" to your
address book

[image: LIB 2010] <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehweatamesafaummyavauhjmb/click.php>
*Help make Lightning in a Bottle
beautiful!<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwmaaamesaxaummyadauhjmb/click.php>
*

If you haven't experienced Lightning in a Bottle firsthand, you may not know
what a massive team effort the festival really is. Ask a veteran and they'll
be sure to explain: every attendee being an integral part of the festival is
what makes LIB so magical. LIB thrives on active participation from everyone
involved - so get out there and DO somethin with us! You will be sooo glad
you did.

Start participating now! We're looking for help in 3 main areas: *Volunteers
*, *Workshops*, and *Art Projects*.

*Volunteer Application is Live!*

The long wait is finally over - you can now sign up to be a volunteer! We
have a number of volunteer opportunities this year, so let us know your
skills on the application form. There are three levels of volunteer
commitment with 3 levels of ticket discount  this year (including a free
ticket discount). Pick what works best for you!

Read the details and get started at the
http://lightninginabottle.org/volunteer-application<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwjaoamesaiaummyadauhjmb/click.php>

*Workshops*

[...]

*Art*

*Bring your art to LIB! This is an art festival after all - show everyone
what your heart is screaming to be shared! For the most part we have a "just
bring it policy" towards art projects. Bring it, build it, share it,
celebrate it!*

However, if your art project has special needs (large size, safety issues,
need help from event production to make it happen, etc), then please give us
a heads up through the art submission form. If its a beautiful, cool, or
crazy (in a good way) project, we'll work with you to make it happen!
http://lightninginabottle.org/art-application/<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwhapamesagaummyarauhjmb/click.php>

*Layaway Tickets Almost Gone!*

Need to spread that LIB ticket price out over a couple months? You can with
layaway! But time is runing out...

*3 payment plan*

20%+ fees down
40% due on April 22
40% due on May 6

ends *Today at midnight!*

*2 payment plan*

50% +fees down
50% due on May 6

has been extended to *April 15th*.

Buy Layaway Tickets<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwwaxamesadaummyazauhjmb/click.php>

Non-layaway $190 tier 2 tickets are still available, but going fast:
Buy Tickets <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwqaramesaaaummyaaauhjmb/click.php>

*Lightning in a Paintcan artists announced*

This will be the 3rd LIB featuring the L.I.P. project, which creates
beautiful new art pieces at the event out of recycled materials, while
raising money for art and music supplies for underfunded schools.

Head to the website to see all the details and check out the talented
artists we'll be featuring this year:
http://lightninginabottle.org/art-gallery/lightning-in-a-paintcan/<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwyacamesapaummyakauhjmb/click.php>

[image: LIP artists]<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehwyacamesapaummyakauhjmb/click.php>

*Lightning in a Paintcan
Featuring:*

Francesca Quintano<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqsagamesaiaummyarauhjmb/click.php>

Todd Shepherd <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehquavamesacaummyazauhjmb/click.php>

Hans Haveron <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqeadamesagaummyatauhjmb/click.php>

Max Neutra <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqmagamesavaummyacauhjmb/click.php>

Judy Nimtz <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqjaxamesaiaummyaiauhjmb/click.php>

Yuki Miyazaki <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqbatamesakaummyatauhjmb/click.php>

Kenneth Harris <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqhagamesataummyacauhjmb/click.php>

Dave Zaboski <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqwaramesalaummyaoauhjmb/click.php>

MearOne <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqqanamesavaummyaoauhjmb/click.php>

Motion <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehqyaoamesaaaummyakauhjmb/click.php>

Jessica Perlstein <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehysagamesazaummyapauhjmb/click.php>

Michael Pukac <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehyuaoamesaiaummyaiauhjmb/click.php>

Paul Chatem <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehyeakamesaoaummyaxauhjmb/click.php>

Courtney Reid <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehymaiamesaiaummyagauhjmb/click.php>

Mike Saijo <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehyjavamesaaaummyadauhjmb/click.php>

*The Do LaB at Coachella*

For the 6th year in a row, The Do LaB will be providing the dopest party at
Coachella, smack dab in the middle of the polo grounds.

[image: Coachella!!]<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehybakamesaxaummyazauhjmb/click.php>
photo by Aaron Gautschi<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehyhaiamesafaummyarauhjmb/click.php>

Head on over to our Coachella Facebook event
page<http://t.ymlp179.com/ehybakamesaxaummyazauhjmb/click.php>and RSVP
to get all the latest details. See ya in the madness!

We'd like to thank our beverage sponsors for keeping us hydrated throughout
the week at Coachella:

[image: Steaz] <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehywacamesaoaummyaaauhjmb/click.php>
 [image: IZZE] <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehyqafamesataummyapauhjmb/click.php>
 [image: Guayaki] <http://t.ymlp179.com/ehyyapamesaiaummyanauhjmb/click.php>

*Events this week The Do LaB recommends:*  [image: Yuri's
Night]<http://t.ymlp179.com/ewssazamesataummyapauhjmb/click.php>
<http://t.ymlp179.com/ewsuacamesacaummyadauhjmb/click.php>

YURI'S NIGHT

This year, Symbiosis is teaming up with Lumatech Lighting and Ankh Marketing
for what will be the *largest Yuri's Night celebration in the world* at NASA
Ames Research Center at Moffett Field, California. Over 15,000 people will
join astronauts, artists, musicians, scientists and engineers for two days
of learning, celebrating and connecting with space...
http://www.ynba.org/<http://t.ymlp179.com/ewssazamesataummyapauhjmb/click.php>

*Symbiosis has made a special set of discount tickets available to Do LaB
subscribers!*
These will go fast - so grab em up now!

10 tickets @ $30
http://yurisnight2010-dolab.eventbrite.com/?discount=dolab30<http://t.ymlp179.com/ewseadamesataummyakauhjmb/click.php>

50 tickets @ $40
http://yurisnight2010-dolab.eventbrite.com/?discount=dolab40<http://t.ymlp179.com/ewsmaiamesalaummyaiauhjmb/click.php>

Mutaytor with DJ Wolfie Jupit3r & Cannibal Flower.

Club 740, downtown LA, 21+
740 Broadway (Enter on 8th and Spring)
Los Angeles, CA 90014

Full Show!!!