[Scpg] Fwd: [PC-Relief-Haiti] Domes For Haiti

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Wed Apr 21 22:16:27 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[PC-Relief-Haiti] Domes For Haiti
Date: 	Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:13:46 -0400
From: 	Lopi <info at domesforhaiti.org>
To: 	pcrelief <pcrelief at permaculturehaiti.org>

Hello All

Domes for Haiti is looking for some help from like minded folks. We are
trying to locate a source for shipping our domes out of Miami sometime
in the beginning of May to Port Au Prince. We have no budget for
shipping, this must be in the form of a donation!
We originally were intending to ship from Yonkers with the AFYA
Foundation, but are looking for alternatives that will get to Haiti sooner.

We are also looking for a Kreyol Translator to travel with us when we
get to Haiti. We hope to have a small budget to pay someone.

Additionally, we are doing a tool drive. If anyone would like to donate
tools or has a connection with a building supply company that might like
to donate tools to send to Haiti, please contact me.
Our tool list is as follows: Shovels, Post Hole Diggers, Metal Rakes,
Pick Axes, Sledgehammers, Hand Saws and Adjustable Wrenches. We also
need 600 ft of rebar, 350 3/8" Hex Head Bolts, washers and Nuts.
We are also looking for a 750 yard roll of super adobe tube bags size 16"

Any and all of the above can be sent to us here:

Domes For Haiti c/o 3rd Ward

195 Morgan Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11237

If you cant donate tools but would like to support our efforts, please
go to our website www.domesforhaiti.org <http://www.domesforhaiti.org>
and click on the "donate" button.
Your contributions are tax deductible and will be used directly to get
ten 17' geodesic domes to Haiti.

If you'd like to donate money but don't do Paypal. Checks for
tax-deductible contributions should be *made out to our fiscal sponsor,*
*Not An Alternative, Inc.. *Please be sure to specify* "Domes for Haiti"
in the memo of the check. *

They can be mailed to:

Not An Alternative
143 Newell St