[Scpg] May 28-30 Natural Building and Permaculture Workshops with Starhawk Cazadero, California

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri May 21 07:05:21 PDT 2010

Some great opportunites to get muddy, magical, and put your hands in
the dirt!  There's still room in all of them...

-- May 28-30
Mud, Magic and Manifestation:  2nd Annual Women's Natural Building Workshop
With Starhawk and Sage Mata
Cazadero, California

Get down, get dirty and get covered in mud in the beautiful Cazadero
Hills, for a magical weekend learning the ancient building skills of
the ancestors.  We'll work with cob-sculpted clay, sand and straw, as
well as light straw clay and natural plasters to learn practical
skills we can use in building low-cost, low-carbon, beautiful
structures.   We'll learn truly down-to-earth skills and share ritual
celebration, empowering ourselves to create shelter and spaces,
within and without.   And we'll support one another, as women, to be
strong, creative, and empowered, to manifest our visions and make our
dreams real.

Cost:  Sliding scale $250-$400 includes food and lodging
Some work trade available.
To register, contact: Sage <>Sage at livingmandala.com
www.livingmandala.com

June 1
Portland Oregon
Starhawk is speaking and leading a workshop and spiral dance as part
of the 10th Annual Village Building Convergence!
vbc.cityrepair.org

Wednesday, June 2-Saturday June 5
Deep Earth Healing-4 day workshop
Chimayo, New Mexico
With Starhawk and Joel Glanzberg of Regenesis
   www.regenersisgroup.com
<<http://www.regenersisgroup.com>http://www.regenersisgroup.com>

In this four-day workshop combining earth-based spirituality, ritual,
wilderness awareness, tracking and permaculture, we deepen our
spiritual connection to the earth and sharpen our practical skills as
earth healers.  Located in the Tewa community of Chimayo, we'll ask
for permission and guidance from the elders to help us deepen our
spiritual connection to the land.  We'll use the tools of nature
awareness, ritual, meditation, and consciousness-shifting to
  help us learn to read a landscape, ally with its plants, animals and
landforms, and hear its messages.  And we'll use the tools of
permaculture, regenerative design and bioremediation in hands-on
projects to heal and transform a site. Projects will help prepare for
an encampment this summer to protest the expansion of nuclear weapons
capabilities at Los Alamos.  The camp will demonstrate permaculture
design and contribute resources to the local Tewa community.

Together, we'll find hope and inspiration to bring these skills into
the actions that are needed in this time of global environmental
crisis.  We'll share rituals and ceremonies to honor and share our
deep links to the earth, to empower one another and infuse our work
with the earth's own deep resilience.

Cost:  Sliding Scale $350--$550
Includes food and camping accommodations
Scholarships and work trade available for activists and local youth.
To register contact:  Grietje Laga <>TracksTrails at NewMexico.com  505-795-7272

July 3 - 17
near Bellingham, Washington
two-week course
Earth Activist Training, with a special emphasis on Social Permaculture
Two weeks that can change your life and change the world!
Co-taught by Starhawk and friends, with guest teacher Bill Aal of
Tools for Change

A permaculture design certificate course with a grounding in
earth-based spirituality, and a focus on organizing, activism, and
social permaculture as well as urban and rural land-based systems.
Learn how to heal soil and cleanse water, how to design human systems
that mimic natural systems, using a minimum of energy and resources
and creating real abundance and social justice. Explore the
strategies and organizing tools we need to make our visions real, and
the daily practice, magic and rituals that can sustain our spirits.
Participatory, hands-on teaching with lots of ritual, games,
projects, songs, and laughs along with an intensive curriculum in
ecological design.
Through this two-week residential intensive's special focus on social
permaculture, participants will learn ways to collaborate and build
just and enduring alliances across social divides, how to structure
groups with healthy dynamics and how to facilitate learning and
decision making, as well as skills to build personal, interpersonal
and community resilience to sustain themselves through hard times.
Cost: $1400-$1800 sliding scale until April 1, after $1500-$1900.
Work trade and scholarships available, apply early!
For more information and to register: www.EarthActivistTraining.org
phone 800-381-7940 (USA), or email:earthactivisttraining[at]gmail.com

July 25 - August 8
Vermont
two-week course
Earth Activist Training
Co-taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams
Two weeks that can change your life and change the world!
A permaculture design certificate course with a grounding in
earth-based spirituality, and a focus on organizing, activism, and
social permaculture as well as urban and rural land-based systems.
Learn how to heal soil and cleanse water, how to design human systems
that mimic natural systems, using a minimum of energy and resources
and creating real abundance and social justice. Explore the
strategies and organizing tools we need to make our visions real, and
the daily practice, magic and rituals that can sustain our spirits.
Participatory, hands-on teaching with lots of ritual, games,
projects, songs, and laughs along with an intensive curriculum in
ecological design.
Cost: $1400-$1800 sliding scale until April 15, after $1500-$1900.
 Work trade and scholarships available, apply early! Childcare can be
arranged for children over 3 at additional cost.
For more information and to register: www.EarthActivistTraining.org
phone 800-381-7940 (USA), or email:earthactivisttraining[at]gmail.com

This post has been sent to you from Starhawk at lists.riseup.net.  This
is an announce-only listserve that allows Starhawk to post her
writings occasionally to those who wish to receive them.

To subscribe to this list, send an email to
Starhawk-subscribe at lists.riseup.net.

Starhawk is a lifelong activist in peace and global justice
movements, a leader in the feminist and earth-based spirituality
movements, author or coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral
Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing, Webs of Power: Notes from the Global
Uprising, and her latest, The Earth Path.

Starhawk's website is www.starhawk.org, and more of her writings and
information on her schedule and activities can be found there.