[Scpg] [Lapg] Local seed sources / shop ? new zealand spinach seeds ?

John Valenzuela johnvalenzuela at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 19:39:46 PDT 2010

Tina,

I suggest you forage for cuttings to root from wild plants that are
found right along the cliffs along the coast in many places. They are
easy to root. Some seeds should be ready to harvest also- they take a while to get going.

Anyone in LA
know where some is growing wild down on the cliffs of Santa Monica, or nearby?

You can find seeds for sale everywhere, (also known as Tetragonia
tetragonioides) but I like to support great little seed companies
like:

Redwood City Seeds (incredible pepper selection)

http://userwebs.batnet.com/rwc-seed/

Or

J.L.Hudson Seed Company (very diverse selection of plants, with great
ethnobotanical info)

http://www.jlhudsonseeds.net/VegetablesS-Z.htm

use the search box, or find it under Specialty Veggies, under Spinach.

JV

Cornucopia Kitchen Gardens and Food Forests
John Valenzuela
Permaculture Services
Horticulturist, Consultant, Educator-

California, Hawai'i