[Scpg] Happy Summer Solstice from Baja!/ Gabriel Howearth Buena Fortuna Gardens UPDATE

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Jun 18 05:59:55 PDT 2010

Dear Friends and family:

May this letter find you in good health and enjoying a nice summer.

It has been 6 months already since we sent you the last update.

First of all, we want to reiterate our gratitude
to all friends and family members that helped us
thru Gabriel's health challenges that started a
year and a half ago in the wet tropics where
Gabriel was diagnosed with meningitis and
pneumonia. It has been quite a journeyŠ your
support and friendship definitely has been a key
factor in his recovery.

Gabriel come back to the Buena Fortuna Gardens on
December 2009 (from the clinic in the USA after
he had pneumonia for the second time) , when he
arrived he could barely move, he was very weak
and his lungs were delicate (according to the
doctors in Aug. 2009 only one of his lugs was
working and only on 1/3 of its capacity).

Now his lungs are strong and he is back into seed cleaningŠ

All this time at Buena Fortuna he has been
treated only with herbs and good food -away from
medications. Even the few times at the beginning
when he coughed blood, we successfully treated
him with herbs. We are grateful to Dr. Gerry
Lehrberger, Dr. Karen Ferrera and Dr. Ingrid
Naiman whom have continued giving us advice and
support thru this healing process and shared many
high quality healing herbs and homeopathic
remedies . And also thanks to Ambaya, from Ambaya
Gold whose brain tonics and herbal supplements
have been an incredible asset to his health.

Gabriel's health has improved tremendously, he
has gained weight and strength. He is still a
very knowledgeable teacher, maintaining his
passion to share and teach. He has never lost his
incredible botanical knowledge and the clarity of
his mental processes.

His main challenge at this moment is Nerve damage
that has caused him not to be able to move the
right side of his body and so affecting his
speech (that actually has improved in the last
few months) it also affects his walking because
of the low nerve conductivity the responses of
his right leg are slow, so he has a hard time
walking (which he does with a cane as a part of
his therapy, but for the most part we move him on
a wheel chair). The greatest challenge resulted
from nerve damage is that he is unable to move
his right hand, which is now semi-paralyzed.
However he has manages to work daily at the
garden, using his left hand to weed, plant,
harvest and clean seeds. Gabriel gets picked up
on the wheel chair at 6:30 every morning and
brought down to the earth to weed and plant at
the garden until its time to give botanical
tours, workshops or clean seeds. His
determination and will to live are amazing. His
commitment to work for the Earth is always
present.

We are planning for Gabriel to go receive
therapies at Dr. William Hitt Center in T.J.
Mexico (treatments sponsored by John Roulac,
Nutiva organic products) and also treatments at
Health Walk in Carlsbad, Ca, (Treatments
sponsored by Mark D. Hinds and supported by
Patricia Braggs) so he can continue his healing
journey until completion to perhaps recover
movement of his right side. In order to do this
we are currently working on getting him
assistant/ companion for a week to 10 days in T.
J. on the 3rd week of July and potentially in
Carlsbad the end of July- beginning of August. If
you or somebody you know is interested in
assisting him or you would like to support this
treatments in any way, please email us.

We are also currently looking for a therapist
that would like to come and spend the fall/winter
months learning organic gardening and medicinal
herbs cultivation from Gabriel to, in exchange
give him daily therapies. Please share the
information of this apprenticeship opportunity
with whomever might be qualify and interested.

Gabriel is feeling better every day. Being around
his children at the garden, having organic meals,
fresh healing herbs and high quality supplements
and his positive attitude are playing a big roll
in his recovery.
We are now planing a permaculture course in
December 6 to 19 at BF, for more information see
<http://www.rawpermaculture.org/2010/04/mexico-retreat/>http://www.rawpermaculture.org/2010/04/mexico-retreat/

The Buena Fortuna Botanical Garden are green and
lush and many tropical fruits are now
ripeningŠ.plus many seeds, too many to mention.

Thank you so much for being here for us.

May the Earth Bless you with abundance!

Hope to see you some time at our garden in Baja.

Kitzia Danel & Gabriel Howearth

Buena Fortuna Botanical Garden

La Ribera, B.C.S.

Cel. 011 52 1 624 1683225