[Scpg] New film on Haiti - Hands That Feed

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Mon Jun 28 11:29:13 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joshua Levin <joshualevin at goodeater.org>
Date: Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:43 PM
Subject: [COMFOOD:] Doc film on Haiti's food crisis, grassroots
Sustainable Ag recovery movement
To: comfood at elist.tufts.edu

Hello,

I'm working with a team to produce a documentary film on Haiti and the
food supply.  Our primary subject is the Nouvelle Vie Youth Corps who
trains young leaders in permaculture design, MPP (of recent fame for
organizing of burning of Monsanto's "gift" of seeds), and a number of
other organizations.  Everyone down there kept telling us this film
needed to get made, and no one was making it, so we are.  We've just
launched our fundraising for the first shoot on Kickstarter, and we
really need some support to make this happen.

This is the link for the full description: http://kck.st/bc3SlW

In short, "Hands That Feed is a film exploring the agricultural
collapse in Haiti, it's role in the post-earthquake food crisis, and
the emerging grassroots development models that seek to restore
Haiti's food supply and environment."  Our focus is both on
sustainable agriculture-based rural development projects.  We seek to
highlight the groundbreaking work these groups are doing, and to show
the world that a different kind of economic development is possible.

Kickstarter relies on viral promotion.  I'm asking if you can: forward
the link to your lists and relevant friends.  Please also click here
to post in on your Facebook wall, and here to post it on your Twitter
account.  And of course, we really need even small donations.
Front-loading the fundraising is really essential so that people see
this is succeeding and hop on.

Thank you so much for your support,

Josh