[Scpg] Reflections on Cochabamba

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 15:33:37 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,
I have been writing for the last month or so about my South America experience
and what it means in the bigger picture; I've finished parts 1-3. I have ideas
for 12 pieces for now.  I've posted the articles on hopedance.org and sent in
the photos that go with them but the photos aren't up yet.  still, if you want
to read them,  here they are:
http://hopedance.org/blogs/reflections-on-cochabamba-part-1-eruptions-of-a-volcano.html

http://hopedance.org/blogs/reflections-on-cochabamba-part-2-living-well-instead-of-living-better.html

http://hopedance.org/blogs/reflections-on-cochabamba-part-iii-the-inauguration.html

 You can check back in the next days or week to see if the photos are up too.
These articles can be copied, passed around, and reposted on the web.  I just
ask that people keep my byline (name); keeping the bio would be better.  I have
some serious writing ahead of me in Part 4 about the working groups, the process
of consensus, assumptions about ideology at the conference, how we presented and
are presenting ourselves and our conclusions at the UN and other places in the
world, and so on.  But I figure I will just keep aiming to write every day, and
one day it will be done, and then the next one, etc. I am enjoying it.
comments and feedback are appreciated.
~barbara
 "...the greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even
if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is
enough for everyone.
Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the
very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and
shelter."
- Bill Mollison