[Scpg] Natural Building Apprenticeship - Weekends

Old Chimney Farm thefarm at oldchimneyfarm.com
Wed Aug 4 05:44:10 PDT 2010

Proud to announce a new opportunity to get your hands dirty.  This is your
chance to learn how to build with all natural and recycled material.  We are
offering a Natural Building Apprenticeship to one lucky person (2 if you're
a couple) for the next three months at Old Chimney Farm.  Every weekend,
starting on 10am Saturday  mornings and ending 5pm Sunday evenings we will
be building with the earth.  The main project we will be working on is a cob
shed, learn how to build a mini-cob house from the ground up, complete with
doors and windows.  This is an exciting opportunity for someone who really
wants to learn how to build with cob.

The apprentice will be required to work long, labor intensive days but in
exchange will receive two meals on both Saturday (lunch & Dinner) and on
Sunday (Breakfast & Lunch) and a spot to sleep either in an airstream
trailer or tent site.  The apprentice will also learn what it takes to build
out of cob, every step of the way.  Cost of this program is free to the
right person or couple.

Please send us a brief description of yourself as well as any past
experience you may have.  Experience is not required but helpful, what we
really need though is a willingness to work hard.

Old Chimney Farm is located in Malibu on 8 acres of Food Forest, vegetable
gardens, and more.  We look forward to having you.

Sean & Mary
Old Chimney Farm