[Scpg] Pomegranate Guild

Fitzsimmons, Mark A PWR Mark.Fitzsimmons at pwr.utc.com
Wed Aug 11 14:29:00 PDT 2010

I don't know what you mean by a pomegranate guild, but I will tell you
that you can use the same methods that you would to make apple cider to
get pom juice, and it is the best in the world. You can drink it plain,
or ferment with some added sugar to make wine that tastes like
pomegranate port.

The fruit, when it becomes ripe, can fall and smash whatever plants are
beneath it, and it's hard to get the fruit without walking all around
under the tree, even with a picker, so maybe not the best place for
crops, but I think you could grow things like beets and artichokes and
radishes--or other things that can tolerate partial shade but you would
normally harvest long before the poms are ripe, which tends to be around
late Oct-late Nov in so.cal.

Message: 2