[Scpg] Fw: Australian Parliament Goes Green - Congress is Next!

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Thu Aug 26 19:06:15 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ngoma] Fw: Australian Parliament Goes Green - Congress is Next!
Date: 	Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:22:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Sasha Stone <gangammai at yahoo.com>
To: 	ngoma <ngoma at yahoogroups.com>

--- On Mon, 8/23/10, Green Party of the United States <gpinfo at gp.org
<mailto:gpinfo%40gp.org>> wrote:

From: Green Party of the United States <gpinfo at gp.org
<mailto:gpinfo%40gp.org>>
Subject: Australian Parliament Goes Green - Congress is Next!
To: gangammai at yahoo.com <mailto:gangammai%40yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, August 23, 2010, 8:47 AM

Back to GP.org

Donate to the Green Party

Congratulations to the Australian Green Party!
Last weekend the Green Party elected its first member of the Australian
House of Representatives.  The party also won 14% of the vote in the
Australian Senate, winning the balance of power in that body.  Because
neither of the major parties hold a majority, each must come to the
Greens to build coalitions for new legislation.  Greens around the
country celebrated this historic victory.

We need your help to follow suit and elect Greens to Congress.

Party Leader Bob Brown called the showing a "Greenslide".  Greens won in
each of the country's six states, taking a total of ten
seats. Commentators in the Sydney Morning Herald reported that the win
was "phenomenal" and that the Greens are taking the Senate on "quite a
move to the left after years and years of being dominated by the right."

Australian Greens can thank a proportional voting system for a small
part of their success.  Greens here continue working to break through
exclusionary debates and media silence to elect Greens to office on the
local and state level.

With your support, we can elect Greens to Congress.

The 300th Green candidate declared their run for office here in the
United States earlier this month.  Check out all of our 2010 candidates
and find a candidate near you.

Please support our Green Party candidates on the county, state, and
federal levels by making a contribution to the Green Party of the United
States.  With your help, we can follow the Australian lead and elect a
Green to Congress!

P.S. If you have already shown your support for the Green Party of the
United States recently, we thank you.  Consider supporting the Green
Senatorial Campaign Committee as well.  This committee is devoted to
collecting resources to support Green candidates for U.S. House and Senate.

Support the Green Party!

Donate today. A Greener future is within our reach. Your donation today
can help us bring the vision we share a little closer to reality.

Spread this message on Facebook and Twitter.

You can sustain the Green Party by making a recurring donation on a
monthly basis.  Donate here.

Unsubscribe from future mailings here.

__._,_.___
Reply to sender
<mailto:gangammai at yahoo.com?subject=Fw:%20Australian%20Parliament%20Goes%20Green%20-%20Congress%20is%20Next%21>
<mailto:ngoma at yahoogroups.com?subject=Fw:%20Australian%20Parliament%20Goes%20Green%20-%20Congress%20is%20Next%21>
| Start a New Topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ngoma/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJlYWVhaTFzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM2NzMwODkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MTEzODgxBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI4Mjg2ODUzNw-->

Messages in this topic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ngoma/message/21894;_ylc=X3oDMTM2NjQyajd1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM2NzMwODkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MTEzODgxBG1zZ0lkAzIxODk0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTI4Mjg2ODUzNwR0cGNJZAMyMTg5NA-->
(1)
Recent Activity:

    * New Members
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ngoma/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMnBtNHZ2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM2NzMwODkEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA2MTEzODgxBHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyODI4Njg1Mzc-?o=6>