[Scpg] steep permaculture slope ideas?

Kevin Gleason kevin at kevingleasonart.com
Fri Sep 3 15:47:40 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has good advice for creating a garden on a
VERY steep slope (more than 45 degrees.)  I'd love some feedback on
alternative terracing methods, whether this is too steep for small
swales, good soil-holding, drought-tolerant  ground covers and other
plants that would be useful and other ideas.  I remember hearing Brock
Dolman talking about making retaining walls with burlap tubes filled
with soil and a little cement.  Anybody tried it?

Thanks for your help!
Kevin